That feeling came. That deep feeling of frustration, hurt, and anger all in one. A lump in my throat formed as I held back my tears.

"Please wake up King. I need you." I bawled crying in the palm of my hands. Without even thinking I laid down. One of my legs hung off the bed but I didn't care I just wanted to be close to him. I kissed his cold cheek and close my eyes feeling myself slip off into a deep sleep.
*

*

*

The light of the hallway shined brightly as the room door opened.

That bubbly ass nurse waltzed in. "There you are Miss Henderson!"

"Yea here I am." I said nonchalantly raising up. King still laid in the same spot.

"You know you're not suppose to be in here with another patient." She changed King's IV.

"Oh well." I said stretching. "Do you know when he could wake up?" I asked watching as she took care of his wombs.

"Doc doesn't know for sure, but not anytime soon."

I dropped my head and closed my eyes hearing those dreadful words.

"So we looking at a couple weeks? Months?"

"Honestly Miss Henderson maybe a year or so."

I pushed my frizzy dried out hair out of my face sighing loudly.

"Good news though."

"Lay it on me."

"You're getting discharged today. As soon as I give you a check up you're free to walk outta here."

Inside I jumped with joy. I hated hospitals with a passion. But apart of me still felt that pain. I wanted to be able to walk outta here with King by my side.

The nurse took me back to the room and began the check up.

"Everything seems up to part." She handed me a bag with my clothes.

She removed my hospital band from my wrist and told me that I could leave whenever.

"Miracle come on." I gently shook her awake.

She groaned and rubbed her eyes. "Where we going?" She yawned.

I covered my nose. "To get you a toothbrush."

She smacked her lips and I laughed.

"We're leaving." I exited the room and heard her footsteps stop.

"Leaving?"

"Yea." I turned around.

"Where are we going?"

"Home-" I held my tongue forgetting that we no longer had one.

"Exactly. Where are we gonna go?"

Miracle was right since our house was destroyed we don't have a place to live.

"We don't have anything. No clothes. No car. No house."

"I don't need you to remind me." I entered the elevator that was crowded.

On the way down to the lobby I began to think. How were we going to live now?

Getting off the elevator I went up to the receptionist desk. The lady that sat there looked like she hated her job and everybody in it.

I cleared my throat. "Excuse me ma'am."

She rolled her eyes and looked up annoyed. "Can I help you?"