Chapter 7

Ed desperately tried to calm down a distraught Roy, attempting to get him to talk and share what was happening. However, Roy continued to cry and express his pain, causing Ed to grow increasingly concerned. Feeling frustrated, Ed reached a breaking point and gently shook Roy's arm to get his attention. Roy looked at Ed with fear in his eyes, causing Ed to immediately regret his actions. Roy finally managed to speak through his tears, saying, "I don't know... all I know is that I want you to help me. I think the baby might be coming, but it's too early. I'm scared." Ed, filled with worry, reassured him, "It's too early indeed. Okay, let's take you to the hospital and have a doctor examine you."

Just as they were about to leave, Ed's phone rang, and he answered to find Riza's voice on the other end. Riza informed him, "Ed, we need your help at the office. Alphonse is freaking out." Ed questioned, "Why is he freaking out?" Riza replied, "I don't know. Please come and help." Ed exclaimed, "I can't right now. I'm taking Roy to the hospital." Concerned, Riza asked, "Is everything okay with Roy?" Ed responded, "I don't know yet, but we'll find out soon." With that, Ed ended the call and focused on getting Roy to the hospital.

Upon their arrival, Ed accompanied Roy inside, where they encountered Roy's doctor near the front desk. Ed urgently requested, "We need your help. Roy is experiencing pain." The doctor motioned for them to follow him, leading them to a private room. Roy lay down on the bed, and the doctor assured him, "It's just false labor. You should be fine, Roy." After conducting the necessary examinations, the doctor wiped the gel off Roy's stomach. As Roy attempted to get up, he suddenly collapsed onto the floor. Both Ed and the doctor grew extremely worried. The doctor recommended, "I want him to stay overnight so we can monitor his condition. If he goes into early labor, it could be life-threatening." Ed's fear for Roy intensified, and he nodded, determined to protect Roy at all costs.