Chapter 1

~Daniel's POV~

I was laying in my bed, thinking about Jack and the first time we met when my phone started ringing and as if he was reading my mind he called. I glanced at the time.

3 am.

I answered quickly thinking something might be wrong.

"Are you ok? Did something happen? Where are you?" I spoke probably to quickly

"Dani relax, im sorry if I scared you but im outside your window."

"What why?" I said concern lacing through my voice.

"My dad came home drunk again and didnt wanna be there"He spoke, I was now looking at him and opening my window.

"Come on you can stay here" He shrugged and climbed in my window

I went to my bed and patted the seat next to me gesturing for him to come sit beside me.

He slowly walked over and plopped his back against my bed.

I laid down next to him and he made his way closer to me, laying his head on my chest.

I drew circles in his back as his once heavy breath calmed.

This was a normal thing for us. We have been best friends since kindergarten and I would always comfort him like this, even though he had this whole act as if nothing could hurt him I never believed it once.

"Wanna talk about it?" I spoke up breaking the silence.

"I just wanna talk to you Dani, but not about him" He replied softly.

I looked down to see my beautiful best friend with tears forming in his eyes

I pulled him closer to me and whispered in his ear while I now played with his hair.

"Hey, it's okay you're here now he cant hurt you. Ive got you, you're safe"

I absolutely hated his father. He was a good dad until he got drunk. He would hit Jack and tell him hes worthless and so many other things I wish I could show him weren't true. He would only hit Jack, he never touched Syd. I honestly don't even think she knows about it, but I had been there once when it happened.

~Flash back~

I was turning on the show and Jack was getting popcorn when I heard the front door slam. I stayed put for a second until I heard Jack crying I got up and heard his dad scream " you are the biggest mistake ive ever made." And heard the door slam again.

I ran down to Jack helping him up
He had a bloody lip and it was already swelling

"Jack"

He looked up at me

"You are the only reason I smile. Dont let what he said get to you"

~End of Flash back~

I wanted to tell someone so badly but they would take my best friend away from me. All we have is each other since my family has suddenly decided that work is more important than their own kid.

"Thats ok Jacky, we could watch a movie if you want?"

He nodded and sat up, I looked at him noticing how he forced a smile on his face and a single tear fell down his cheek.

I wiped it away with my thumb and he smiled a bit bigger

"Can we please watch Twilight" He pleaded.

I groaned.

He is obsessed with Twilight.

"Sure" I said rolling my eyes and chuckling.

He set up the movie and layed back down, but this time his head was layed on my chest and his arm was wrapped around me while I played with his noodle hair.

About 20 minutes in I felt the need to ask him why he always chooses this.

"Why do you always choose Twilight out of all the movies?"

"Because even though they're both kind of broken in a way, they are exactly what the other one needs"

I smiled at his response and brought my eyes back to the tv.

By the time the movie was over, Jack was dead asleep still snuggled into me.

I kissed his temple softly and whispered

"I love you jacky"

Before closing my eyes and drifting slowly to bed.

______________________________________

OMG IM GONNA HAVE SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS......I know whats gonna happen and im like Fangirling so hard😂❤

Anyway I hope you enjoy😊