014

Taehyung woke up alone, head hazy and stomach lurching.

Yoongi was in the room with him, holding a glass of water.

"I heard you waking up. Here," he said coldly, handing over the glass. Taehyung downed it gratefully, shame burning his cheeks. There was a moment of silence Yoongi stared at Taehyung, and Taehyung couldn't help but feel like he'd disappointed a parent. Taehyung opened his mouth to say something but Yoongi beat him to it.

"Why?" was all he said, voice quiet but filled with emotion. Taehyung looked away, running a shaking hand through his hair.

"I... I thought he loved me," Taehyung admitted. "I let myself think that I meant something. And I know it's my fault, cause he was never in it for what I'm wanting-"

"You're a fucking idiot," Yoongi sighed. Taehyung frowned.

"I know," he muttered. Yoongi shook his head.

"No, you don't. I've rarely ever seen Jeongguk care about someone like he cares about you. He's- He's really not good with emotions, his parents ruined his views on love, so the kid doesn't even know how he feels," Yoongi explained. Taehyung stared up at him with wide eyes.

"But he's... he's beautiful and rich and famous, and I'm... I'm..." Taehyung couldn't seem to find the right word. Yoongi sat down beside him, gruffly pulling Taehyung in for an awkward hug. Taehyung wasn't sure how to react, confused at the random burst of affection.

"W-Why-"

"Listen. You're strong. And like actual fucking sunshine. So quit saying that shit, okay? There's obviously a reason Jeongguk feels the way he does. Stop doubting him and stop doubting yourself ," Yoongi scolded.

"How do I know that he won't leave me?" Taehyung whispered. Yoongi squeezed his shoulder a bit tighter.

"He might leave you. He might shatter your heart into a million pieces. But he might not, and you never know what'll happen unless you try," Yoongi said. He made a gruff noise and mumbled, "I sound like Namjoon, jesus fuck."

Taehyung laughed, the sound real for once. "Thank you, Yoongi."

"Yah, shut up. Now call Jeongguk, tell him to come talk to you."

Taehyung followed Yoongi's advice, calling Jeongguk up when he knew the younger was on break, but ended up not getting an answer.

"Uh, hey Guk, it's me. I'm an idiot, and I just... wanted to talk? I'm sorry, um. See you tonight? I hope," Taehyung sighed, ending the message.

With hours left to kill and an urge to use again crawling through his skin, Taehyung ended up deep-cleaning the house, his fingers raw and red from all of the chemicals. Yoongi had gone out to promote his new album, leaving Taehyung home alone, anxious and pacing.

Once the house was immaculate, Taehyung needed to find something else to do, since boredom would just remind him of how shitty he felt.

He ended up attempting a very complex homemade dinner, far fancier than any dinner he'd ever attempted before. Once it was made, with only one burn on his hand, Taehyung was once again left taskless.

He set up candles at Jeongguk's fancy table, dimming the lighting and putting on a nice outfit, one of Jeongguk's big sweaters and tight dark jeans, and even put on makeup.

He was setting out dishes when the front door opened. Taehyung's heart jumped into his chest right away, nerves actually making him freeze.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk called out.

"K-Kitchen!" Taehyung stammered. Jeongguk poked his head into the room, obviously perplexed at the tidiness and dimness of his house. He took in the romantic setting and Taehyung's weak smile.

"What's all this?" he asked Taehyung shrugged sheepishly.

"An apology?" Taehyung said, his tone questioning. Jeongguk smiled slightly before pushing his face back into an expressionless frown.

"Are we gonna talk about what happened?" Jeongguk sighed. Taehyung made a face.

"I was hoping to forget about it and give you a hella good blowjob instead," he teased. Taehyung slumped when he saw that Jeongguk wasn't amused. "I know I fucked up, okay? A lot. And trust me, I feel like shit about it, but I- I talked to Yoongi, and-"

"Shut up," Jeongguk growled, suddenly lurching forward and tugging Taehyung to him. He crashed their lips together, not particularly gentle or soothing.

They didn't end up eating their dinner.