012

Jeongguk had an interview, a big one that was premiering on three different stations. He was nervous, so incredibly so that Taehyung noticed. Taehyung led him to the bathroom and ran a hot bath, the two of them silently basking in the hot water, Taehyung massaging gentle, soapy circles into Jeongguk's hair and kissing his neck soothingly. Jeongguk found himself actually relaxing, letting his anxious mind and tense body melt into Taehyung's touch.

"You're going to do fine," Taehyung whispered into his collarbone, settled on Jeongguk's lap after their bath. Jeongguk let out a distressed noise, burying his face in Taehyung's damp hair. Taehyung pulled him away by the jaw, locking eyes with him and smiling in a way that made Jeongguk dizzy.

"Listen to me, yeah?" Taehyung grinned. "You're Jeon fucking Jeongguk. You're gonna kill it. And I'll be listening, okay? I'll support you from here."

"You're..." Jeongguk choked, suddenly urged to say so many things at once. Taehyung's smile softened, his eyes crinkling warmly at the corners and Jeongguk couldn't resist kissing him.

Hours later, when he was at the building, makeup being painted onto his face, he thought of Taehyung, of his words of encouragement. He thought of Taehyung as he as introduced to the interviewer, as the show was explained and as he walked on stage, smiling for the crowd.

The interviewer got straight to the point, addressing the rumours that Jeongguk had been dreading. He denied them all swiftly, said that he would never treat his crew poorly and made some jokes. It was very smooth sailing for the most part, Jeongguk breathing out a silent sigh of relief when he noticed that there was only a few minutes left.

"So, Jeongguk, before we end the show, I wanted to ask you one final, important question," the interviewer said dramatically. Jeongguk leaned forwards, pretending to be interested.

"How's your love life?" the interviewer asked. Jeongguk laughed, the mock-tense aura of the situation dissipating.

"Well, you know me. I'm a very busy man," Jeongguk admitted. The interviewer let out a gasp of disappointment.

"So, there's nobody that you're interested in right now?" the interviewer whined. Jeongguk shook his head before pausing.

"Well..." Jeongguk sighed, looking away. The interview pretended to looked shocked at the audience.

"Well?! Spill!" he laughed. Jeongguk smiled, leaning in once more as if he was about to tell a secret.

"You know... there is someone I really like," Jeongguk told him. "You know, they're not who you'd suspect."

"The suspense!" the interviewer yelled, making the audience laugh.

"Okay, okay, it's... don't judge me, alright? Nobody knows this yet. I didn't want to come public with it, but... Ahn Hyojin, the one I co-starred with last year. She's simply stunning," Jeongguk cooed, breathing out lies. The interviewer and audience ate it up, all of them clapping enthusiastically.

"We knew it! Will there be a scandal in the near future, Jeongguk?" the interviewer prompted. Jeongguk just plastered on a fake smirk and shrugged, even though he knew that there would never be a scandal.