S I X

CHAPTER SIX:HYUNG

CHAPTER SIX:
HYUNG

jongin hated running. granted as jongin himself played soccer, which required running, he surprisingly disliked it. to him it's always just a faster way to traveling if any other faster way to transportation is simply not available.

drills during soccer practice made the action more bearable for him though. the constant exercise each day made him used to the pain that was rising in his calves by the minute, trying his best to beat the clock on his way back home. the clock that was hovering over jongin's head when he should wake up, when he should get home, when he should go to practice, or when he needs to go to sleep. they were like time bombs set up by his own parents that if he wasn't on time, he would be punished. and midnight was his curfew.

his lungs grunted as his legs pushed harder and harder into the pavement that it would leave a footprint behind.

since i left at 11:57, i can make it to my house in three minutes if i sprinted back without stopping, was the only thing really going on in jongin's head besides the constant reminder that his parents are most likely waiting for him behind that door. yet there was a slightest bit of hope and happiness to the thought of his older brother finally coming by and visiting after a four years of being abroad.

as jongin reached his doorstep, his shoes were left messily behind the moment he closed the door. checking his phone quickly, he was amazed to see him getting home faster than he thought. 11:59. yet as he took another step into the household, he hesitantly backed up to fix his messily placed shoes. god knows what his parents would do to him just for leaving his shoes out of place.

a loud sigh escaped his lips as he scratched the top of his head. he looked around his surroundings but his parents were surprisingly no where to be seen. to his relief he made his way towards his kitchen. the entire house was pretty dark other than some of the smaller lamps that lit up certain parts of the living room and kitchen. jongin wasn't well aware of his surroundings as he passed by such a familiar presence. he must of been tired and delirious at this point.

"so you're just gonna pass by and ignore me?" a voice emitted out of a dimly lit corner of the living room.

peering quickly behind, jongin saw a very familiar figure. his older brother changed. he definitely changed over the past four years. "hyung?"

"yeah, it's me." junmyeon chuckled. "who else did you think it was?"

jongin chuckled as he strolled towards his older, yet much shorter brother; soon engulfing him into a tight hug. "i've missed you."