F I V E

CHAPTER FIVE:GET YOU

CHAPTER FIVE:
GET YOU

spring was just about ready to start and jinsol could already feel her allergies coming at high speed. she and jongin walked silently through the neighborhood as they neared the café. they've been walking for five minutes already and they haven't spared a single word to each other since they left the school.

"mr. jang's a bit of a prick to assign a project on the first day of school, right?" jinsol finally broke the silence that was often occupied by usual cars driving past them.

"i wouldn't exactly call mr. jang a prick," jongin defended. "but i think no one would want to have to work on a project on the first week of school."

jinsol watched and looked up at jongin as he spoke. as she thought previously, she was still curious about the male next to her. judging just by two days she knew that jongin took his work seriously and that she needed to take it seriously as well.

yet jinsol was never really a good student to start off with. pyeongtaek academy was a highly intelligent school, rich even, yet she was surprised to even be part of it. hell, she was surprised even sehun made it with her. granted, jinsol knew sehun's capabilities and what he could do. but he never bothers to show it. sometimes that bothers jinsol in a way, but it was the least of her problems. right now, a very handsome classmate of hers who's incredibly intelligent is strolling next to her in the goal of trying to finish a project. jinsol knew she had to step up her a game.

"the café is close, right?" jongin asks the much shorter girl next to him.

his voice distorted into a murmur as jinsol didn't bother to listen. she couldn't help it though; it was like a person's eyes coming out of focus yet they're too lazy to focus them back. her thoughts engulfed jinsol to the point where she wasn't even in her thoughts. maybe in a limbo.

"ko jinsol?"

  ↺  

"welcome to golden beagle café!" baekhyun calls out nonchalantly. like chanyeol, the greeting was almost a written code in his brain wired to say when someone entered the café. it's amazing yet slightly creepy as he hand dries plates and cups.

"hey uncle baek," jinsol meekly greets as she scans the building.

yet on the other hand, jongin was surprised to be put shortly; he wasn't expecting the shop owner to be related to jinsol in any way. "he's your uncle?" jongin asked innocently, not trying to sound like a douche even if there no reason why he would.

it was a good question, especially since jinsol was practically lost in limbo as they walked. she didn't inform him about it beforehand.

"no, he's one of my brother's very close friends." jinsol explained. as the brunette winded around the arrays of tables of booths, she looked around at the noticeably empty cafe. the shop should be filled with people at this point of the day. this used to be a popular hot spot for high school and college students.