T H R E E

CHAPTER THREESOMETHING ABOUT YOU

CHAPTER THREE
SOMETHING ABOUT YOU

jongin was frustrated in himself. it's literally the first day of school and he was already not giving enough attention to even understand what the hell is going on. even if he's been getting 4.0 gpas and straight a's for his entire school career, english is definitely his worse subject. something about language learning just doesn't click with him.

the girl in front of him seemed pretty good at english though. granted, jinsol did grow up in new zealand where she learned and spoke actual english to people. she aced this class. it actually reminded jongin when he and jinsol were talking in the park. well... jinsol talking to him at the park and he drifted off to nowhere. but he still remembered the way she spoke. he didn't know how to describe it but it just sounded nice.

"ko jinsol." mr. kim called out, capturing both jinsol's and jongin's attention. "may you read the next paragraph?"

jinsol nods before standing up from her seat. she straightened out her skirt before beginning to read.

"lord, how they've changed it— in our 'parlors' these days. christ is one of the 'family' now. i often wonder if god recognizes his own son the way we've dressed him up, or dress it down? he's all regular peppermint now, all sugar-crystal and saccharine when he isn't—"

jongin genuinely tried to pay attention and actually understand, but he could only focus on her voice. once again it was nice. it sounded even better when he heard how she spoke english with an accent. it definitely sounded different from the usual english he heard, but he actually preferred the sound of jinsol's english than anyone else's. yet he didn't even realize that he was acting like this in the first place. even jongin from yesterday would never find himself acting like this. especially to a girl he's only met very briefly the day before. but jongin was way too deep to catch himself.

"i want to talk to you." jongin murmurs to himself as he admired jinsol as she finished up the paragraph.

"mhm" jinsol hums as she stretches out of her seat. the students around her jump out of their seats as well and scramble around to get their lunches along with yells calling out to their friends down the hall.

"god school is boring." sehun yawns as he also stands up, "mr. kim seems pretty chill though."

jinsol chuckles as she follows sehun out of the classroom to get their lunch. "yeah well at least today isn't as bad as i thought it would be."

jongin watches the two leave. he sighed before deciding to grab his lunch and following the pair, but his plan was quickly