One Day

One day you will wake up to the sound of the alarm, your phone buzzing, playing a song that echoes through the room, telling you to wake up. It's 5AM in the morning, and you can't help it but to stand up and reach for your glasses and run your fingers through your hair, wishing for five more minutes of sleep. You are alone, preparing your cup of coffee and toast. You fixed you clothes by yourself, and got out for work by yourself. Looking out the window, it was dark and gloomy. Raindrops started pouring down, wetting your shirt. You cursed yourself, wishing that all these misfortunes weren't real.

One day, you won't be woken up by loud snores and soft kisses, by husky whispers and tight hugs. One day you won't be able to wake up with breakfast on your table, with hot coffee and warm embrace. No one will tell you to have a good day and kiss you on your lips, and no one will remind you to bring your umbrella with you. One day, when you lose that person, you'll never be able to have peaceful nights and wonderful days. When you lose that person, you will have to stand up by yourself, and go on with your life. Someday, they will turn into a chapter you will always long to re-read, and they will become that song that you hear on the radio as you try to recall what it's called. One day, when you lose that person, it will feel like losing a home.

It will feel like losing a part yourself.