Chap8-Grabbing a Very Late Lunch

“Oh, come on! Reward the guy for being a good sport, a really good sport as I’ve heard his stomach growl a couple of times. And has he complained? No! So this can be his reward, to see you in this breathtaking bra and panties set. Plus I kinda already promised the twins that they’d get to see you in one and it’s not an option for all four of us to file in here,” She said waving her hand to indicate the small room. I really didn’t want to walk out of the dressing room barely covering my jewels, but Shae was right. Luke had been very patient, even giving his opinion on the shoes. “Really!? You have to think about this? I mean, the guy has already seen you in a bra and stuck his tongue down your throat. It’s too late to start thinkin rational now! PLUS, you look sexy!” Shae stood with one hand on the door handle and the other holding me. She was yell whispering trying to convince me to do something I wanted to do anyway.

‘What’s the worst that can happen?’ I asked myself.

“What the hell, I’ll do it.” Shae’s smile spread across her face as she opened the door for me. I placed my hands on my hips and strutted into the waiting area.

Luke’s face as I walked out was memorable and totally worth it! As soon as I was in his line of view, Luke shot out of his chair and stood awkwardly as he watched me. The adorable blush crept up his face once more as he took in my body. After a few more seconds of staring me up and down with his mouth open wide, Luke walked to me. He grabbed my hands and kissed them all over. As he talked, he gazed deep into my eyes.

“Stephanie, you’re killing me! You like amazingly beautiful and the underwear isn’t half bad either,” snickered Luke once the shock wore off. He leaned forward, placing his mouth next to my ear. When he talked, the cool air from his mouth was relaxing as it blew in my ear. “You know what you do to me when you’re fully dressed, you can only imagine how my body’s responding to you in your sexy underwear. Maybe one day I’ll have the pleasure of taking them off of you and showing you exactly how my body is reacting.” This time it was my face that was flushed. I hadn’t even decided if I liked Luke yet, and here he was suggesting that we’ll one day have sex. I hit his chest and pushed him away, nervously laughing.

“Well just so you know I can’t do that until I’m married. My philosophy is: first find the one then have some fun.” I winked at him try to cover how taken aback I was by his words.

“I think I might have found the one and I’ll spend all summer trying to prove it to her.” Luke’s heavy gaze was making me flustered. I tried to relieve the tension with humor. “Oh? So you’ve fallen for Shae. Who would’ve thunk it.” I giggled and once again hit his chest. This time he grabbed my hand and sent me crashing into his body.

“I’m not the one he’s making goo goo eyes with in the middle of the store.” Shae’s comment surprised me, pulling me out of my Luke moment. I stood up tall, turned around, and walked back to the dressing room. I made sure to twist my hips as I sashayed away knowing that my butt would be on display. Before I closed the dressing room door, I looked back over my shoulder to see Luke grabbing his chest faking a heart attack. Whew that guy!

I took off the sexy underwear, replacing it with my own, and got dressed. Luke had me feeling confident and sexy as I returned to my boring jeans and tee shirt. I’m glad Shae was giving me a makeover. If he was falling for me in jeans and tee shirts, I can only guess what’ll happen if I actually try to impress him.

I picked up the underwear sets we had decided on and purchased them. Luke was more than willing to carry those bags knowing what was in them.

As promised Shae allowed us to take a lunch break, well I was calling it dinner break since my watch read 4:30. We made our way to the food court and everyone decided what they’d eat. Shae took the twins to get sub sandwiches and then stopped to get a burrito. Luke followed me to Chinese Express, deciding to eat whatever I chose. Although I told him he didn’t have to, he carried my bags in one hand and held my hand with his other.

We all met back up at the tables against the back wall, not wanting to be near the commotion of obnoxious teenagers. As every summer, the food court was packed with many groups of friends who all seemed to be hanging out. Shae and I usually stirred clear of the groups. Two summers ago there was an issue with security picking out the group of black teenagers. Once they even called the police reporting gang-like activities. As if sitting in the mall’s food court is gang activity? The problem was never resolved and we didn’t want to deal with that.

Luke picked a booth seat, pushing the bags under the table and then sliding into the booth. I hesitated in following him trying to decide if sitting beside him was better than sitting in front of him. Remembering his smell, I slide in beside him and rested my head on his shoulder. The twins set in front of us and Shae pulled up a chair.

The twin’s behavior at the mall really surprised me. They were behaving like teenagers; unlike any 10 year old I’d ever met. I figured they would have gotten bored by now and beg Luke to take them home, but they were still excited about the rest of our trip.

For the rest of our break I kept my head on Luke’s shoulder and my hand in his. It was kind of awkward, but in the good way. I’d take a bite than lay me head on his shoulder. Our left hands were intertwined and laying in his lap. I was really enjoying his company.

 Before we could finish half of our meals, trouble headed our way. With Luke so close to me, I was lost in our own world, but Shae’s stiffened body brought me out of it. Her eyes narrowed as she looked in the direction above Luke and my head. Before she could stop me I whipped my head around to see who she was eye-murdering. Headed our way were a group of black guys. They wore the typical baggy pants with big t-shirts and nothing was threatening about them. Or so I thought until I noticed all their eyes were directed at me and Luke. Their faces were images of glares and angry smiles.

The tallest one, who seemed to be in charge, stopped once he had reached our table. The twins didn’t look worried at all. They sat there totally ignoring the group, continuing their conversation about my makeover. Shae had her ‘fuck off’ face on, which would have scared the stranger if he hadn’t been with his friend. Luke held on to my hand, but I noticed he looked angry. I realized that I had never seen him angry. In the two days I spent with him he didn’t get angry when I yelled at him or hit him, but here he was angered by these guys presence. I decided to take the same route as the twins. I continued eating and pretended like the audience we now had didn’t bother me.

Finally the leader of the group spoke. His deep rigid voice was surprisingly sweet and soft, but his words weren’t.  “Do we have a zebra couple here?” He shot a humorless laugh to his group as if giving them permission to talk.

“Ya’ know I was wanting some cookies! Oreo will do just fine!” “I guess she like cream in her coffee…a little too much. Maybe we should teach her how to make some Real coffee! Don’t you know the darker the stronger?” They laughed at each other’s comments as if they were so hilarious.

The group was pissing me off and I felt my anger start to boil. I took deep breaths and started counting to 100, blocking out their laughter. “What you holding on to him fa’? I got something you can hold on to if you’re scared?” One of the guys commented on my hand still intertwined in Luke’s. I was doing fine controlling my anger until one guy made the mistake of grabbing my right hand.

***________________________****

A/N: Thank you guys for reading! I got my first like and fan and I really appreciate it:)(: I’m dedicating chapters to my fans as a thank you! Please continue to comment, like, fan, and all haha :P

Sorry it's short! I just wanted to add another upload before I go to bed. I'm not really a violent peson so I'm not sure if this scene came out right! Let me know what you think. I might have to rewrite this. Wish I could write more:)

I need you guys help in selecting a cast!!!! If you have anyone in mind just comment and let me know :)(: I cast a few people, but if ur ideas are better I’ll change it =D

Remember:

Stephanie is black, 18 years old-Monique Coleman

Shae is black, 18 years old (but with more attitude)- Keke Palmer

Luke is white, no age yet, he's not young, and he’s British

Cyndie and Cynthia are white, British, and twins, 10 years old