Ch.21 The Last Voyage

Start from the beginning

My mind is focused on this excruciating feeling that is just pulsing throughout my body. It feels like my brain is having a huge cramp and is affecting my nervous system to stimulate it to my entire body.

"I-I'm scared," says a small, shaky voice. The body looks to be a small child, but the face is blurred out. "I'm s-s-so sca-scared..."

"Don't worry," I reassure them. "I won't let him hurt you. I'll always be there for you. Always."

"You lied to her."

   "...Y-You lied to me..."

"You promised her many things."

"...You promised to p-protect me..."

" B u t y o u f a i l e d h e r . "

"B-But you... F O R G O T   A B O U T   M E ! ! "

   Blurry. Hazy. Muffled. Distinct.

   My body aches. My mind aches. My soul aches.

   Aching pain. And I deserve it.

   What did I do to her? What did I do to her? What did I do to her?

   That's all that's going through my mind.

   What have I done? What have I done? What have I done?

   I had caused so much pain and I didn't even know it until now. So much pain to a little girl. What am I? My father?

   Ha... I probably am just like him.

   Just like him.

   Someone moved me and is now hugging me. I don't know who it is. Should I care? No. Just like how no one should care about me.

   "Stop saying that about yourself, (Y/N)," they say.

   Oh, am I saying this out loud? Well, it doesn't matter.

   "It does matter, (Y/N)," they continue. "I-I don't know what's going on and you don't have to tell me. What I do know is that you're nothing like your father. You're nothing like him at all."

   "But I hurt someone and I never knew. That is unacceptable."

   "Earlier you said that it doesn't matter what your past is as long as you feel guilty for it and want to change it. What's so different about it now?"

   I...

   "You're not a monster like your father. You want to help people, he wants to help himself. You want to make people happy, he only does it for himself. You put others first before yourself, he's doesn't care for others. He is selfish, you are selfless. You try your best for others even in the most ridiculous ways because that's just you and you're not ashamed of that."