Where It Hurts

Evan's POV

"I'm going upstairs to get Aria," I told my mother.

"I'll be waiting right here," Mom replied before sitting on the couch I had slept on for the night.

I climbed the stairs while my head floated to another dimension. My memories were only of putting Jasmine and Jevan out the house. The way she cried and pleaded to me. The way she looked at me when she tore up the check. The way Jevan looked at me when he was out the door in his mother's arms. The way her last words hurt me: "Go to hell Evan Hollen."

It was haunting and it was painful. My heart squeezed against my chest as if it wanted to break free. I couldn't handle all of the heaviness. I needed to fix this and fast.

"Aria, we have to leave right now," I said as I entered the bedroom. 

She was sitting at the dressing table applying her makeup and already dressed.

"What's going on?"

"Mom is downstairs. She did a DNA test and the results stated that she's the grandmother of Jevan; therefore, I have to be the dad. That DNA center fucked up everything!"

Aria's lipstick fell from her hand and she looked like she had seen a ghost.

"I'm going down to the DNA center and get to the bottom of this," I added as I headed for my bathroom.

"Evan, baby, my mom just called. I'm going to take my car and go see her. She's not in the best of health." Aria said while I was in the shower.

"Okay. I'll see you soon?"

"Sure. Bye."

"Bye."

-------------------------

Aria Goode POV

"Get my mother's private plane ready. We're taking a little trip to L.A," I told my mother's private pilot over the phone. 

I stepped on the accelerator to the airport. Thank goodness I had rich parents.

Now, Jasmine Blackman, I'm turning my attention to you.

_____________

Evan's POV

I dressed quickly and ran downstairs. Mom and I got into my car and drove to the DNA center where I had conducted the first DNA test.

"Melani Thompson!" I shouted as I pushed through the door. 

She was standing behind her desk with a bottle of water up to her lips. She almost chocked when she saw me.

"Mr. Hol--"

I slammed the DNA result on the desk along with my mother's. "Explain this shit to me!" 

"Mr. Hollen, it wasn't me. You'll have to talk with Dr. Emillia Francis. She's the lab physician," she quickly said with a frantic voice. "Right this way." 

She took us through a private room after pushing through a pair of doors. Another woman stood behind a much larger desk, wearing a white lab coat and gloves.

"What are you doing here? Melani, what's the meaning of this?"

"We'll be asking the questions here!" Mom shouted at her.

"This is Mr. Hollen, and his mother," Melani said and handed her the two envelopes.

Dr. Francis opened them, looked at the documents inside, and attempted to run past us through the door.