Chapter 17: Ding!

Jasmine's POV

The burning sensation in my chest wasn't from any happiness or lust; it was from the anger getting stored there; and I kept my sanity because I couldn't be completely bothered by Mr. Hollen and Jessica Hills. I had a younger sister to look after and a dying mother to worry about.

Although it did come as a shock at first because he was described as a 'playboy bachelor'; in a funny kind of way, I was happy he was finally settling down with someone.

I just hated it was her.

________________________

At the end of the day I gathered my things and stuffed my belongings into my bag. I refreshed myself with a glass of water and headed for the elevator. As I got in he got in with me.

"Hi," he greeted with a smile I'd never seen.

"Good afternoon, sir."

"Can we talk?"

"About what, Mr. Hollen?"

"About us."

My eyes popped out of their sockets as my ears collected his words. Us?

"What about us?" I asked with an awkward smile on my face.

"Do you have feelings for me?"

I looked up at him. I opened my mouth to speak but then the ding sound of the elevator stopped me. The doors slide open. The next thing I knew they shut again and Mr. Hollen was standing directly in front of me. He had stopped the elevator from opening, trapping himself inside with me.

"What are you doing? Open the doors," I commanded.

"No. You're not claustrophobic or anything. You'll be fine. Just answer my question."

"WHAT QUESTION?"

"Do you have feelings for me?" he asked again, locking me with his eyes, which were shimmering and bright.

I was melting into them.

Oh get it together Jasmine, girl, he's just out to get in your head. He is, now, engaged to someone.

As that crossed my mind, my posture and body language changed. "Open the damn door and let me out of here."

"Feisty. I like it," he teased and bit his bottom lip.

Oh this man is going to drive me insane. I can't take this. I really can't take this.

I exhaled heavily and calmed myself. "Mr. Hollen, with all due respect, I don't know why you're acting like this towards me all of a sudden. I don't know what you want from me. I'm really lost here. We woke up in the same bed, once, and you made it clear that you wanted nothing to do with me. Then, today, you shoved your tongue down my throat and gave a ring to another woman. Now, you've cornered me in the elevator and are asking me if I got feelings for you.

"Why don't you ask yourself if you're the one having feelings towards me because you're the one acting crazy, NOT ME!"

His mouth covered mine as he claimed my lips again but with more passion this time. He used his tongue and parted my bottom lip and wrapped his tongue around mine.

Electricity sparked over my body like moving lightening. I froze up again but I couldn't resist his kiss. His minty fresh breath awoke all the cells in my body and made the blood rush to my rapid heart. My bag slipped off my shoulder as I raked my fingers into his hair, giving in to his sweetness. We both let out a soft moan together as he scooped me up and pinned me against the metal. My legs wrapped around his waist, of their own accord, and I threw my head back as he trailed his lips to my neck.
At that point, all I was thinking about was having him inside of me.

Oh my God. What is happening? This is wrong but it feels so right. Make it stop.

I pushed him off me and voided the entire make out scene before it had spiraled too out of control.

His face fell and he appeared to slump. He wasn't all that powerful like he had been a moment ago, pinning me and kissing me like he owned me.

"This has to stop!" I let out, but I was cursing myself mentally.

"Why?" he asked, moving over to me and pinning my arms above my head.

"Mr. Hollen--"

"Evan," he interrupted.

"Mr.-- Evan. You're involved with Jessica Hills."

"She doesn't matter to me."

"So why did you give her a ring?"

There was a pause and he let my arms fall free. He cupped my face in the palm of his hands but he only stared into my eyes as if he were looking for something in them.

"I know you have feelings for me, Jasmine, but you're afraid to show them."

He never called me 'Jasmine' before. He always kept it formal by addressing me as 'Miss Blackman'. I got turned on by it but I couldn't act on it.

"Can you just, please, open the door and let me out? There's someone I have to meet up with," I said softly as an indication to my tiredness.

"Who? Bradley?" he snapped quickly and his eyes appeared to be going into an eclipse.

What the hell?

"No. My sister. I'm meeting up with my sister. We're going to the hospital," I answered truthfully.

"Your sister? Is she alright?" he asked, concern coming from his voice.

"Yes. It's our mother. She's... She's... She's not well." Tears were welling up to the brims of my eyes.

"What's wrong with her?" He pulled me into a hug when the tears fell on my cheeks.

He didn't wait for an answer. He opened the elevator and ushered me out. We walked outside together, him holding my hand.

"Mr. Hollen, there are still people in the building."

"And?"

"You're holding my hand."

His grip tightened, but not too tight to hurt me.

He led me to his car, a black Audi R8.

He came around the passenger side and opened the door for me.

"Get in," he said like a command.

"Where are we going?" I asked, puzzled.

"I'm taking you to get your sister then take you both to the hospital," he answered.

Truth was, I did have to meet up with my sister, but Bradley had offered to take us to the hospital to see Mom.

I hesitated.

"What's the matter? I said I'll take you and your sister. Let's go," he ordered.

"Well... ummm... actually," I stuttered.

A silver Mercedes-Benz pulled into the visitors lot. Bradley stepped out and instantly saw me standing next to the most expensive car.

I swallowed hard. "Bradley had already offered to take us," I said quickly.

He turned around and the two came face to face with each other. Jaws clenching and hands forming into fists. The unfriendly tension was thick between them.

I pushed my way between them and parted both off, my hands pushing at their chests. Their rock hard chests.

"Ease up," I said, sounding like the one in charge now.

Both men stood down.

I followed Bradley to his car and got in. We drove out the parking lot.

When I turned around to get one more look at Mr. Hollen, his eyes were flaring murderously at the moving car.

What the hell am I getting myself into?

_____________

**Please Don't Forget To Vote**