BONUS CHAPTER

************************************
It was April 10th. Three more days to his first birthday, and she was already planning a huge surprise for him. 

His tiny heart desired one thing and one thing only. His mother knew just what that was, and she was going to give it to him on his very first birthday.

The following day, she had set out and prepared for her gift to him, and to herself as well. She had sent in her resignation letter to the the law firm, where she had worked for six months, and booked a flight to Brooklyn, New York.

At six p.m., they had already landed and were making their way to their home.

Although there were strict guards at the huge, familiar gate, they were let in without hesitation. After all, the little one with her was the heir to everything around them.

She stepped out of the taxi with her son in her arms. She took a deep breath, inhaling and absorbing the fresh scents surroundings around her. She walked up to the main entrance's double doors and pushed them open.

The house was quiet. She knew he wasn't at home-- that he was still at the office, but she decided to wait and surprise him. He would not be expecting this.

The maids, eventually, greeted her and acknowledged her presence in the house. The chefs provided them with meals. The two, who traveled almost three thousand miles, eventually became exhausted and jet lagged. They snuggled up on the large L-shaped couch-- newly purchased-- and watched cartoons, eventually they fell into a comfortable sleep.

~~~~~
He had just arrived home from the office. He parked his car into his garage and strolled up to the doors in front of him. He loosened his neck tie and held onto his briefcase as he pushed the door and walked towards the living room.

Without even noticing the two sleeping figures on his couch in the living room, he walked past them and went to the stairs.

He stopped when he saw the television in the living room was on and an animated movie was showing. His maids didn't watch television, nor the chefs. So who could have been in his house looking at cartoons on his eighty-inch, flat screen, smart television? 

His feet took him over to the living room, and that was when his heart raced around with happiness. He was speechless. He was definitely not expecting to see them back in his house. He had already made plans to fly out to L.A. to spend time with his son on his first birthday. But, instead, they were already back and in his house.

"Jasmine," he said softly. He picked his sleeping son up and shook Jasmine's arm gently.

She stirred.

"Sweetie, wake up."

She opened her eyes and adjusted her vision to the man who held her heart, no matter how far away she was from him.

"Hi," she answered as she sat up and rubbed the sleep away from her eyes. 

He stood there, arms around his son, and looked at the woman his heart desired more and more everyday. It was a torture for him to live without her-- without seeing her face and holding her against his impressive chest. Life had taken enough from them.

He held out his hand to her, and holding his son against him with the other. He led them upstairs to his master bedroom.

He had redesigned it. He's changed the bed and thrown away all the sheets he had screwed the wrong woman on. He wanted nothing the same from the awful past he had had with a snake in the grass.

He'd remained single and kept on praying, to the God he believed in, to let the right woman and his son come back home to him.

His prayers had been answered. But he wasn't too certain why she was here, so he wasn't about to go melting. She could have just come for a visit and would leave after Jevan's birthday.

He placed his son down on his big, comfortable bed, and he sat on the edge of the bed and pulled her into his lap. He inhaled her sweet, flowery scent and remembered all the good times they had together.

"How are you?" he asked.

She saddled herself, facing him, and undid his tie. She always wanted to undress him.

"I'm fine. How are you?"

"Words cannot describe this feeling. I'm so happy that the both of you are here."

"We knew you'd be surprised," she replied with the sweet, soft voice she owned.

"How long are you here for?" he asked, hoping she'd stay forever and not hurt his heart anymore.

"He wants his daddy for his birthday, so I figured I'd just show up and surprise you with him."

His face changed to pure sadness and his body slumped. She was only here for Jevan's birthday, and, after that day was over, she'd be leaving and taking the rest of his heart along with her.

"Okay" was his only response.

"Why so sad?" she asked, paying attention to his sudden change. "You're not happy that we're here?"

"Of course, I am."

"Then, what's the problem?" she asked as she made her lips approach his neck. He missed her touches and her sweet lips.

"Jasmine, I really miss you."

"And I miss you, too

"And I miss you, too." She had been fighting against the feeling in her heart for far too long.

Love couldn't be fought, and the love she shared for him couldn't fade away, no matter how she tried.

"Please stay," he begged. He had been begging for her to come back and start a family with him whenever he visited them in L.A. But Jasmine always was stubborn and wasn't availing to his words.

"I have no intention of leaving."

His eyes popped open and his heart started beating with happiness. All the nerves in his body, which had gone numb the day she rejected him at the hospital, woke up with sparks.

"You're going stay?" he asked, making sure his ears hadn't deceived him.

"I can't fight the feeling anymore, Evan. I love you."

"I love you too, Jasmine."

Their lips crashed together. 

She saw fireworks and he saw shooting stars. They had missed each other so much, but now they were back together, and with a child they shared. No force on earth was going to stop him from doing right by his little family; the family he had always wanted.

"Da Da." They heard a tiny voice saying behind them.

They laughed against each other's lips as they pulled away from the kiss and turned around to the bundle of joy wide awake on the bed and looking at his parents with a big smile on his face.

Evan, Jasmine, and Jevan were finally going to become a family.

To Be Continued....

________________

😄😄😄 well, that's it folks.

Thanks for reading Molten Chocolate (my bae).