T'Challa - The Way You Make Me Feel

Ramonda did not want me to go. But I had to. For T'Challa.

He was my best friend. As a girl who had grown up in poverty despite living in Wakanda, many thought it strange that someone like me, someone of my status would have a close relationship with a royal.

The king was dead.

As soon as I had heard the news, I had sprinted to my ship, ignoring Okoye's pleas for me to stay.

I could feel the tears drip softly down my cheeks; T'Chaka had been like a second father to me. My heart ached for T'Challa. My heart had always been for T'Challa. I knew that he would not reciprocate my feelings; I was lucky enough to be his best friend.

I breathed shakily, as I landed the ship without being seen. I had never been outside of Wakanda before, and a sudden jolt of nerves shot through my body.

I followed the trail of paparazzi and police; some stared at my native attire but I didn't care, all that mattered to me was T'Challa.

That's where I saw him. He sat with a red-head, his hands gripped to his knees. His face was clear of emotion yet I knew him better than that.

I moved carefully, not wanting him to see me just yet. I wiped my eyes clean of any evidence of tears, pushing a lost braid away.

I was only a few metres away when his eyes met mine.

"Kayla." His lips moved to say my name but no sound came out.

"T'Challa." My eyes brimming with tears again.

He stood and rushed towards me, embracing me tightly. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me.

"T'Challa," He moved his head back to see me, and I almost couldn't continue when I saw his grief filled eyes. "I am so sorry."