Chapter 21

*Demi's POV*

It's nine in the fucking morning and guess what I am? Awake! Why? I don't know, maybe because I can hear the sound of laughter through the walls.

I angrily throw the sheets off of me, allowing myself to get tangled inside of them for a while before opening my door and leaving the room in search of the giggles.

Mariana wasn't able to go to sleep last night without Dallas, so Dallas spent the night and they've been up bumping around all night. You'd think they'd be asleep all morning.

I knocked on the door, but the obnoxious laughter continued to go on, so I opened the door and found Dallas on top of Mariana tickling her.

"I'm trying to sleep, could you both shut the hell up?" I said. Yes, it came out a bit angry, but I don't care. "And, Dallas? Shouldn't you be out, I don't know, maybe finding your kidnapped daughter?" I yelled again, but this time with a bit of immediate regret.

Dallas moved herself so that she was capable of getting out of bed quickly. After grabbing her things, she pushed me out of the way and left out of the door of the house.

"Damn, Demetria. For once, I was actually having fun, but of course you had to spoil that too. Don't you understand that we're grieving? It seems as if you don't even care!" Mariana shouted.

"I do care! I care more than you do, that's my niece! Who is she to you? You have no right to speak to me this way, or attempt to make me feel belittled. Remember, I'm giving you a life that you wouldn't have ever had without me!" I shouted and slammed her door on my way down to the kitchen.

How dare she?

I rested my hands on the counter as I prepared the coffee for this morning. I've had it, and it's not good for the- "Good morning, baby." I heard Nick's deep voice coming from behind as he wrapped his hands around my waist and kisses my neck.

I moaned, but turned around before a hickey could be left. It began to get passionate, but I could've sworn I heard footsteps, but then the slam of the front door startled me, but she'll be back I assumed.

Now, is the perfect time.

"Nick? May I talk to you for a second? Please, come sit down." I said nervously  as he followed me to the couch.

"Yes, baby. You can tell me anything. I'll always be by your side." He says as he kissed my hand, which made a faint smile appear on my face.

"So, Nick... I think that I'm pregnant." I said covering my face. It was silent for a moment, which made uncover my eyes. I noticed that a tear had fallen from one of his eyes, but he tried to wipe it away before I could see it.

"I'm speechless, Demi." He stuttered, "Wait, before I actually start crying, are you absolutely sure? I used a condom that night." He spoke again.

"I have a pregnancy test upstairs, I wanted to wait for you to be there with me." I said. He smiled, picked me up off of the couch and carried me up the stairs into the bathroom.

I reached for the pregnancy test and read the directions. It directed me to pee on the stick, and wait for the results.

"So, should I leav-" Nick started. I laughed and nodded before closing the door in his face.

I did as told, and left the stick on the sink. It takes an hour for results, so I found Nick laying down on the couch and laid down next to him and played with his necklace.

"Babe, I think it's been an hour already." Nick said shaking me to wake up. I explained to him that I had a hard time this morning with sleep and the other girls, so I had wanted to go back to sleep.

"But, babe. The pregnancy test is completed, let's go." He said, but before he even finished his sentence I remembered that I actually had something to wake up for.

I dashed up the stairs and almost ran into the bathroom door. "Nice, Demi." Nick said laughing in between breaths. I proudly stuck up my middle finger, what can I say? It's a natural instinct.

I closed my eyes, "Nick, I don't want to do this. You do it." I said calmly. I felt Nick move towards the sink, but I couldn't hear his reaction or feel it in anyway.

"Nick?" I said quietly.

Before I knew it, Nick began shouting and swept me off of my feet. I moved my hand and he kissed me, "You're going to be a mom!" Nick said, hugging me tightly.

I don't know how I feel about this. I mean, how is Mariana going to react? "Baby, what's wrong?" Nick said interrupting my thoughts. I shrugged and left the bathroom as he followed.

Nick came from behind me and held me in his arms, "Everything is going to be okay. I'll be here to help you, and we'll raise this child together. It's not all on you, and this child is a blessing. Please, tell me what's going on in your head?" Nick said.

"It's nothing. I'm just- Mariana. I don't want her to feel less important or that she can't talk to me anymore. I'm happy, Nick. I truly am. But, I can't be happy without seeing my baby girl happy." I said.

In that moment, Mariana came through the door, eyeing us both suspiciously, as if she knows that something is up. I release myself from Nick's arms and make my way downstairs, passing Mariana who just so happened to be going up the stairs.

I laid down on the couch, and Nick laid himself beside me. I reached over towards Nick and hugged him tightly, "I love you." I softly spoke.

"I love you more, princess." He said, as he fell asleep in my lap.

*A/N-  Next update coming very soon!
-How do you feel about the way Demi's acting right now?
-Excited for Nemi's baby?