Chapter 15

I woke up as soon as I saw the least bit of sunlight and realized that I had fallen asleep on the couch. I looked over into the corner of the room and saw Demi on her laptop.

"So you've decided to wake up, huh? Good morning, beautiful." She said kissing my forehead. I smiled and walked back over to her laptop with her.

"I'm looking for a new school for you since the last one wasn't a good fit for you." She said. I nodded and agreed.

"I'm tired of fucktards thinking that they can control me." I groaned. She laughed, but immediately stopped her laughter.

"Hey, Hey, Hey! Watch your language! I know I'm one to talk, but I can't have my baby girl have the mouth of a sailor!" She said chuckling. She's so pretty. I don't know how many times I've said this, I've lost track, but I wish I looked like her. I wish she was my birth mom.

"Let's go to Starbucks?" She suggested.

I nodded, "Perfect. Just what I needed!" I said. She smiled and stood up and lifted me into her arms. She brought me up the stairs and into my walk-in closet and set me down. "I'll be back." She said.

I grabbed the first outfit I saw and decided to meet Demi downstairs instead of in my room. I sat down on the couch and turned on the t.v. All it was was the news. I hate the news.

I groaned, but I also didn't feel like changing the channel. "Ready? It took me a while to find you since I don't know– I told you I'd be right back to your closet?" She said rolling her eyes. I just laughed it off and grabbed my wallet.

Walking out to the car, Demi continuously began mumbling as she pulled her hat over head. "Fucking papara-" I kept hearing over and over. I tried to keep my laughter in, because it'd only make her angrier.

She hates the paparazzi. I mean, who doesn't?

"Here." Demi said handing me money while taking off her hat. I eyed her crazily. "Demi, this is $500!" I said. She laughed and held up her credit card out of her purse, "And this my dear is $90 million." She said. I rolled my eyes playfully.

Arriving at the mall, we hopped out of the car. We had decided to wait until after we did a bit of shopping to go to Starbucks. Demi covered her face in fake facial hair as well as mine also. Now that people have seen me around her, they've gotten more suspicious.

Walking inside of the mall, the paparazzi were swarming us. "Way to go, Demi." I said as she shrugged. As we were walking to the door, she tripped and fell making her disguises fall off. That's why we're having such a hard time passing paparazzi.

"Is it true that you're dating someone at the moment?" A camera man interrupted another woman. Demi sighed and you could tell that she was trying her best to ignore the paparazzi, but it didn't work out too well.

"Is that Mariana? Why is she so fat? Maybe she should stop eating." A paparazzi said. I froze and my heart sank inside of my chest. She's right. That's why I've been starving myself. I deserve it and I'm too fat.

Demi grabbed my arm and turned to the paparazzi. "Fuck you." She screamed while flicking them all off. I've never heard so many camera shutters at once. I smiled a bit, but I still feel bad. I mean, she was right.

She pulled me closer into her chest as we were walking away, but she could tell that I was stumbling and couldn't keep up. She softly smiled and picked me up into her arms and carried me to the car. "You didn't have to do that." I said quietly into her shoulder.

"Yes, I did. For my baby girl." She said.

It didn't take long to arrive at Starbucks. I couldn't think straight the whole ride. I've eaten so many calories in the past week. I haven't thrown up in a while. I'm losing it.