I Don't Understand

????? POV

I sat still at my desk, impatiently flipping through the file. I grinned as I went over each of her pictures. 

"It'll be soon, Karen Asahina. If I don't get you as mine, then I'll kill you. A burnt lotus, the burning of purity,"I murmured. I grinned and bit on my fingernail. "That doesn't necessarily mean betrayal until it means betrayal."

Karen's POV

I sighed. 

"Laito, let go,"I groaned at him. He was sitting behind me while I was trying to do homework, his legs around me and his arms wrapped around my waist. His chin was resting against my shoulder. I ground my teeth. 

"No, I think I like holding you like this,"he told me. I blushed. What kind of idiot just says that to someone? I sighed and tried to focus on my math homework, ignoring the feeling of him being close enough to my neck to either kiss it or bite it. "Mmm, your pulse is racing. Are you thinking something dirty?" I blushed more. 

"No, you idiot, let go! For a target, you're not very worried about your situation!"I growled. He chuckled and placed his lips on the exposed skin of my shoulder. My breath caught in my throat. 

"That's because I know you won't kill me,"Laito told me. The pencil in my hand snapped and I quickly flipped him over me, off the bed, and onto the floor. He landed with a thud and pouted. "Ow." He sat up, rubbing his head. Laito picked his fedora up and placed it back on his head, sitting still in the floor and gazing at me. I flipped through the sheets of homework boredly, knowing that I had to get this done. Just because I was a huntress, didn't mean I wasn't going to be a model student. That was something I liked being. I liked being smart and getting told I was smart. I sighed and dropped the splinters of the pencil on the bed beside me, and went to grab another one, hissing when I felt my hand sting at movement. I turned my palm over to see blood running out of a deep cut that the pencil led had made. Laito was frozen. 

I sighed and stood up, moving to go dig through my bag for a band aid. When I turned around with one in hand, Laito was standing there. I stared up at him and in a sudden movement, the band aid fluttered to the ground and I was pinned to a wall. 

"What...Laito, let me go,"I sighed. He stared at me and grabbed my hand that was cut, holding it up to him. His eyes were glowing and I stared at them in surprise. I realized what he was going to do. "Wait-no-LET GO!" I tried pulling against him, but he pressed me further against the wall, one wrist pinned beside my head and the other one being held tightly by him. Laito pulled my hand up to his mouth and swiped his tongue across the cut. I sucked in a sharp breath. His eyes seemed to widen and he closed his eyes, drinking my blood directly from the cut. "Laito, stop, there might be splinters..." Why am I worried he could get a splinter? He's drinking my blood. I hope he does get a splinter! Even as I thought the words I knew they weren't true. In a quick moment he discarded my wrist and was pulling me towards him, moving my hair to the side. "Laito, seriously-"

"Shut up, Karen,"he hissed. I flinched. His fangs sank into my neck. 

"Nn!"

My fingers gripped his jacket tightly. The sound of him drinking my blood was actually making me almost intoxicated. I blushed and my breath quickened. His fingers were buried in my hair, pulling me closer to him so he could drink more from me. After a minute I began to feel weak. My fingers lost their tight grasp and my knees wobbled underneath me. My hand moved up to his shoulder. 

"Laito....please.....I'm gonna....pass out....."I breathed at him. He didn't listen to me, and as Laito slowly drank the blood out of my body, my eyes quickly blackened. I sank into the endless sea of nothingness, the last thought in my head about Laito.