25. A Moment of Silence

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVEa moment of silence !

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
a moment of silence !

— 🥀 —

         Peter was holding his hand as they walked through New York. It was after school, another glorious day for Finn because it was without Caden, and now the couple – because they were kind of a couple but it wasn't official – walked together to Apple Eye's Diner where Finn's shift was about to begin.

         "How'd you get over here so fast?" Finn asked as they walked, passing by a woman who was in a rush, grumbling at the two of them for standing in her way. "I mean, isn't your school farther from mine?"

         The Parker boy just shrugged as he continued to grip onto Finn's hand, which was definitely magical. "It is," he agreed, "But, well, uh. I'm pretty – I'm pretty fast."

         He looked down as a small blush began to rise to his cheeks and Finn fought the urge to coo, instead opting to tease his boyfriend – although, not really. Peter wasn't really his boyfriend yet and that was, well, a problem. That was definitely a problem they'd have to fix in the coming week or so. Something soon but too soon, like asking right now would be moving way too fast for him.

         "Did you rush all the way over here to walk with me to work?" Finn asked with a teasing grin, even though his stomach did leaps at the thought of it.

         Peter's blush grew, giving Finn the answered he needed. And that...that was adorable, that was more than adorable. That was everything and more and man, he really liked Peter. "Um, yeah? I mean, why does it matter?"

         "It's cute," Finn admitted, still smiling, "You're cute. Like, insanely cute and it shouldn't even be legal."

         "Stop it," Peter whined, "I'm not cute – you are. You're like a puppy, Finn."

         This caused Finn to roll his eyes because he would not stand being compared to a puppy. "I am not. I am the exact opposite of a puppy, I am scary cat. You know that look in their eyes right before they strike and attack you? Yeah, that's me."

         "Sure it is," Peter sarcastically agreed and Finn huffed at him. Almost, he felt tempted to pull his hand away as a punishment but that would also be punishing himself, so that thought was quickly discarded. He had waited too long for this.

         "Shut up, Pete, and just agree with me. You are the puppy here, okay?" Finn asked but Peter shook his head.

         "I don't think so," Peter grinned at him but Finn just shot him a glare in return, "So, you staying with Davina tonight?"