20. Davina Royce the Matchmaker

CHAPTER TWENTYdavina royce the matchmaker !

CHAPTER TWENTY
davina royce the matchmaker !

— 🥀 —

Davina slowly blinked at him, shock written all over her face. It was morning, right before school, and Finn was eating breakfast after informing her what had happened Friday night. She was completely frozen in her state, just thinking about his words over and over again, the confession that Peter Parker tried to contact him again and apologize and he just ate his cereal. Eventually, though, the shock wore off and Davina moved towards him only to hit his shoulder repeatedly while he yelped.

"Ow! I'm fragile!" Finn exclaimed, pushing her away from him as she huffed.

"You're telling me that this nice guy who actually fucking appreciated how tried to apologize and you told him to fuck off? Finnegan Michael Patterson, what is wrong with you?" Davina went off on him and he hit her weakly again.

"First off – my name isn't even Finnegan and you know this so why do you keep calling me that? Actually, why does everyone keep calling me that? That and Finley, like the fuck?" she gave him a look, "Yeah, I know, I'm off topic. And second, did you forget that only a week ago he fucked broke my heart."

Davina rolled her eyes at him, "You're exaggerating."

"So what if I am? He still really hurt me and you were totally on my side until now, so what the fuck?" Finn questioned, shoving more Lucky Charms in his mouth.

She gave him a look. He ignored her. In retaliation to that, Davina sat down at the counter next to him and continued to stare at the side of his face until finally speaking again, "You're a real fucking idiot, you know what?"

He knew that. Obviously he knew that. He was dumb and not smart and an idiot because he was fucking fail some of his classes (well, he was anyway) and school was hard for him. Everything was hard for him and he learned at a slower pace. Of course he was an idiot. "Yeah, whatever, so what?"

"Yeah, I was on your side and I still am. I don't like that Peter hurt you, I don't, but he's trying to make it right and you're not letting him. Look, you know that I'm all for forgiveness and everything and that's what I think you should do; forgive him," Davina calmly (for the most part) explained, "Or at least hear him out."

"But I don't want to, V! Hearing him out will lead to me feeling sorry for him or letting him back in and I can't have that!" Finn exclaimed, "And really? You're supposed to fully support me and all my actions and right now I don't feel too supported."

Davina rolled her eyes, "Says who?"

"It's in the sibling rule book."