Chapter 5

Well... It's been, what, months? I'm so ashamed, but I was caught up in other shows. I've become a die hard hetalian (yo not the bad kind, but the fun one with weird tumblr urls). I haven't even watched season 9 of SPN yet, sadly, so for right now I'll probably lay off the details in this story. I think I might tie it into the actual show more? But for right now, it's not really based on that. Thank you guys for all of your support. I could not believe this has a thousand reads. xx

Cas' P.O.V.

        "Alright, I'm all ears I guess." I mumbled sheepishly. Thoughts whirled through my head as I tried to guess what these guys were going to reveal to me. Did it involve Dean?  Kevin placed his hand on my shoulder, and I looked at him confused.

"Uh, ok, well this might sound crazy, but..." 

I looked at Dean, who seemed to radiate happiness, and gave him a questioning look. He nodded encouragingly. Kevin looked as though he couldn't find the words to use. 

The silence was awful as Dean just smiled like a little kid and Kevin mumbled incoherent words. 

"For God's sake, Castiel. You are an angel of the lord. Before Naomi died, she toyed with your memories. Now you're here. But it seems as though you're slowly remembering things. Which is bad for us because Naomi really messed you up here." Gabriel touched my forehead while my brain was screaming "what the fuck" repeatedly.  

I couldn't even respond. What kind of twisted joke was this? An angel of the lord.. Right. I can't remember ever having a religous viewpoint in life, so there was no way in hell that I could be an "angel of the lord." I scoffed and looked at Gabriel.

"Are you serious right now? An angel of the lord? Out of all the things I've ever heard, this is the most ridiculous. I'm going home. You can call me again when you're sane."

Dean chuckled, "Alright pretty boy, how are you getting home with no ride?" 

"I'll walk! Jesus christ, nothing ever makes sense anymore. Like, why do I get the sense that I know you from somewhere? Why do I sometimes see ALL of your faces in my dreams? Even you, Kevin! I just met you!"

I paced around the door, looking up occassionally to see if anyone would answer. They all shared a look of aprehension.

"What is so fucking important that everyone has to keep a secret? Is it really that life altering? Honestly, do you guys think I'm oblivious or something? I've known you were hiding things from me since I came here! I'm not stupid..." I lowered my voice after I saw Sam flinch. 

"Cas, nobody thought you were stupid or oblivious. We've just been leaving you out of things because we don't know how it'll effect you in the long run. Lots of things happened, and you lost all of your memories." Dean sighed warily and slowly moved to grab my arm. He rubbed his fingers over an almost transparent scar before lightly kissing it. I had no idea it was there. 

"You got this in a battle, right before you fell. The angel blade pierced you, and at the time you couldn't heal all the way. Please, Cas. Try to understand that we aren't lying or making this up." Tears were seeping from Dean's green eyes. I wanted to comfort him, or something, but I still couldn't fathom everything. There was no way i'd ever believe anything about angels.

My eyes wandered around aimlessly as I tried to form words that would ease the building tension. I looked over to Sam and Gabe, who both just nodded solemnly. Kevin said nothing, looking over at a wall opposite everyone. 

"Well, um. I'm not sure how much I believe in the whole angel thing, but if it really means that much to you-" A sharp pain in my head cut off my words. I tried to ignore it, but it flared up and made me nauscious. Dean grabbed my elbow for support as I looked around the room. The walls seemed to be moving and shifting. Marks like ritualistic circles appeared on the walls, fading in and out of details. Pictures of fires flashed through my mind. Gabriel stood in a ring of fire, Sam no longer there, but on the outside of the ring with Dean. They both looked angry. 

Most shockingly of all as when I saw myself in a ring of fire. How had I gotten there? Why did Sam and Dean look so angry? Letters swirled through my brain, forming words, or names, I suppose. Something along the lines of "Crowley." 

A chill crept up my spine and arms causing me to shiver. I blinked several times, realizing I had ended up on the floor. My arm was sore from where Dean was holding it so roughly. I looked at him and noticed his hand was red. Did I slap it or something? I wasn't too sure. all I knew was that my head was trying to kill me, and I kept seeing nonsense everytime I closed my eyes. 

Great. I'm going insane.

"You're not going insane, Castiel. Those are memories." I looked at Gabriel. Could he read my mind?

"No, just your facial expresions." He grinned.

"Oh" was all I could say as Dean stretched out a hand that I willingly took. When I was back on my feet, Dean still had my hand in his, and I swear there was a faint blush to his cheeks. I certainly know I had one. 

Kevin looked as if he were finally deciding to add his own thoughts into this. However, he did not get that chance. Right as he opened his mouth, the floor seemed to start shaking. Before we knew it, the entire building was rumbling.

"Earthquake?" I shouted above the noise.

Gabriel looked grim. "No, Cas. That's no earthquake. That's something far more powerful."

No more words were said. A bright flash of light temporarily dazed us as we fell to the shaking floor. Something stabbed into my chest and I cried out. 

Yelling could be heard, but I could not make out the words. There was an indescribable heat forming in my chest. Lights began to flicker out and I screamed. At least, I think I did. I couldn't tell what was what anymore. 

Soon, the floor ceased its moving, and the lights flickered to life once again. I remained on the floor, ripping at my chest. Something was definitely not right. 

I wish I could have figured out what it was, but my eyes started to close as soon as Dean and Sam's face appeared. I lost conciousness. 

It's really short, but it is something. Gosh I'm so sorry for never updating.