February 13: Garfy's Diary (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

There he is again. Unafraid to say that he's falling for me.

Now I'm very incomparable to him. Sure, I felt something change in me just a few hours ago, but I was just too afraid to consider what it is.

"I can't lie, she's not a very good cook. I dare say, I didn't have the best lunch ever."

That liar! He said he loved it! He even said I'm better than his mom! And that's saying a lot because his mom is a pretty good cook.

Ugh, so embarrassing. I just wished he told me he didn't like it.

'I'm kidding, I'm kidding. What she made was pretty awesome. Steak, chips, and chocolate shake––my favorite. And I did have the best lunch ever. But not entirely because it's very good. Most of it was because she was the one who made it for me."

Anything for you, Garfy.

"I couldn't help thinking that our situation right now made us look like we're a married couple."

I thought of that too!

"And that adds more to it being the best lunch ever."

It was that way to me, too, Andrew. I would cook for you again. I would cook for you anytime. All you have to do is ask. I'd gladly do it in a heartbeat.

Wow, I sound so very desperate.

"After lunch, I now took her to meet Trish. To be honest, Trish knows more about Em than Em knows about Trish. Aside from me, mom tells her stories about Em, too. At first I wondered how she knew that much of Em, and then I remembered mom and Aunt Krista used to spend hours on the phone these past few days."

Glad to know I'm a hot topic.

"So I took them to an amusement park and Trish clearly had a great time. So did Em and I. Not surprisingly, Trish easily warmed up to her and in no time, they were already teaming against me. Ugh, that traitor."

I laughed at that. Trish and I did gang up on him. I was really glad Trish and I get along. Of course, I wasn't worried that we won't. After all, Andrew spoke highly of his sister.

"When we were grabbing a quick snack, this old couple came up to us, gushing about how we look like a cute family or something. Em and I shared a look and I could tell we were both thinking of the same thing: play along. And I gotta tell you, I was feeling very good that time. Like I said, I wouldn't mind having Em with me for the rest of my life."

Aw, I wouldn't mind, too. I cooed out loud. And then realizing what I just said, I instantly covered my mouth.

Boy, was I really that desperate?

"Oh god, wait. I'm not whipped, am I? Fuck, this is so not good. What did I just think of? Crap, I think I'm sounding like my mom."

My thoughts exactly.

"I know I said I'm starting to fall for my best friend but I didn't say I fell for her completely and all at once, right?"

Yeah, right.

"Then why am I having these thought about her? Like I wouldn't even mind to be with her for the rest of my life? I mean, who thinks that way?"

You just did.

Woah, I think I am a little cocky sometimes.

"Anyways, we ended the day with me driving her home since it is pretty late. Aunt Krista offered to let me stay the night––no surprise there. I was about to say yes, I would, but then I remembered that Trish would be all alone in the house. Plus, it wouldn't be ideal to be seen enter their house with the same clothes as I did tonight and leave in the morning without changing at all by their neighbors. I'm a full-grown teenage boy. I wouldn't want them thinking bad about Emma. Even if it's Aunt Krista who let me stay. Don't want another rumor to spread about us again."