29 | Catching Nowa

Ghaith

"What do you mean she hasn't come back ?" My father roared.  It has been more than ten hours since the last time I talked to Nowa, I assumed she left since I couldn't hear the sound of the plane engine anymore but then I heard Dana saying that she still didn't come back.

I have talked to her this morning and then I left her in the forest but I didn't tell anyone. I assumed she left behind me but I assumed wrong I supposed.

I think I have been too hard on her.

I exited the room and walked down the staircase toward where people were standing. it was six in the evening.  "She wasn't found anywhere, I couldn't find her," I heard her older sister quietly state as most of the men living in this island had looked after her, except me.

I knew where she was...

I looked at the rest of the room to find that the enemy was sitting beside her sister and doing their nails which made my blood boil.

I should find her before Fawaz do, I thought. I couldn't let her find out.

I was brought back with a firm shake and a dirty look. "Now why on earth would you shout at her like that, she was about to leave this island, now she has been missing for at least twelve hours,"

"Because I don't want her to leave with you.."  I said slowly. It felt like I was ten again and being integrated. But I knew I missed up big time.

Having the Enemy here again just made my brain dizzy.

"Way to go, Ghaith, you finally broke the girl," Dana stated.

"I will fix it," I adds.

"Sorry," I whispered to Dana before I slammed the front door and breathed in the cold, fresh air.

Where are you, Nowa ?

*********

I have spent three hours walking around the forest trying to find where she had gone too since I didn't find her in the same place I left her in yesterday, why was running away. It wasn't as if I told her that she had to stay and chained her to this island, I only advised her to not leave.

So why was she hiding..

I decided to walk instead of taking the jeep since it was easier to find her without the noise. I then walked between the forest to the place beside the sea as I reached it and sighed in relief.

Jackpot.

She was laying on the ground with her sitting in some leaves trying to not shiver from the water  that had socked the ground.

She was sleeping despite the water and the dirt the covered her. The light wasn't even available but it seem that she needed a glow since she was glowing without it. I sow her and reminded myself about what a screw-up I really was.

She didn't look peaceful as she slept. She was hugging her arms to herself, as if she was trying to keep herself together. Her face was not relaxed, she looked pained and on edge even when she was sleeping.

What the hell was going on with her that she couldn't even relax when she was unconscious?

I took the jacket I was wearing and lay it on her , figuring I could at least keep her warm since I could at least do this as a man. She didn't need to know the real reason I came here. She doesn't need to know...

After an hour, I readjusted my position as the sound of a breaking branch made her eyes flew open immediately, terror was clear in her face. I didn't know what confused me the most – the fact that she looked so scared or the fact that she was now staring at me as if I was trying to kill her.

"It's just me..." I said softly, feeling the strange urge to calm her.

"What are you doing here?" she finally talked as she hissed in a whisper. I forced a smirk and shrugged lazily.

"I was just in the neighborhood, so I thought I would stop by for a fucking visit," I replied sarcastically.

She scoffed softly, cocking an eyebrow at me and giving me a look that clearly said she wanted to know why I was trying to find her. I let the smirk fall; there was no use for it anymore.

"Ghaith.... Just leave me for a few more hours before I harm you," she whispered. Her tone suggested that she wasn't really telling me to go away. She was just giving me a warning of what would happen if I stayed.

"Harm me," I offered.

She just looked away. "Just leave," She added.

"Not without you," I added.

"Why ?"  She questioned.

"Because you don't have to sit in the forest all alone," I offered.

"This place don't judge and has no secrets," She hinted as she breathed the fresh air.

I chuckled at how childish she sounded but then..

Something twisted inside me at the thought, as I was reminded about what had brought us to this point in time. Something I couldn't undo. This was on me. Even if she didn't blame me, I knew this shit was on me.

"I'm sorry," I said.

Her small smile had faded as She just gazed back at me.

"I don't know why you are sorry but until I find a reason for you to be sorry about, I don't blame you," She said sternly.

"Then I will tell you," I added, hoping she could forgive me for what I was about to tell her.