Chapter TEN

"Where the hell is Ryou Bakura?" I heard over my afternoon meal. The Suit Guy, some important bloke always strolling about in his suit, complaining. This, however, caught my interest. "He hasn't been here since Thursday and hasn't called, either."

"I told you he'd run off one day. It's those eyes. My sister's ex-husband had eyes just like that," Suit Guy's secretary, Talky Lady, said. I rolled my eyes, allowing my assistant to push bean soup into my mouth. The being fed angle wasn't so bad, really.

"You've called him as I instructed, yes?" Suit Guy whirled around, poking a fat finger at Talky Lady. She nodded, saying crap about how his machine picked up. I kept quiet, listening as well as I could till the pair were out of hearing range.

"Guess you won't have that therapist to talk to today, huh?" My assistant smiled, a wan smile, honey-brown hair falling in his eyes. Given a chance, I'd screw this kid, too. He was just eighteen and had a name I'd forgotten before he spoke it.

All I actually knew was that he was from Australia, or stayed there during high school or something and moved into this area about a year ago.

"Do you know how many patients he has?" I asked, staring at the sharp, angular back of Talky Lady, juxtaposing it to the fat form of Suit Guy.

"Um, maybe twenty? I don't know." He shook his head, glancing down at his phone, which rang with a text. I looked at the displayed name: Miyagi. I bet on some cute girlfriend waiting at home.

"Go tell Suit Guy I know where Ryou is," I said, glaring at the tabletop. The stupid limey probably got himself kidnapped by his ex-schizophrenic friend. Idiot. Today was when I would've seen him again and we could've talked about the kiss.

"Where—"

"Go." He shut his mouth at my command, bowing his head before crossing the room to speak to Suit Guy, who the assistant had correctly guessed the identity to. They shared words, before they came back to me.

"You know where Dr Bakura is?" Suit Guy leaned toward me, saying the words slowly.

"Yea, there's this guy who keeps going to his house. He probably—"

Suit Guy huffed. "Mr Takatski," he said, glaring at the assistant, "we're in an asylum for a reason; these people are insane. Next time, don't waste my precious time."

"Yes, sir," the boy said, eyes narrowing and jaw setting. I wasn't used to such an expression on the mild face.

But I had better things to think about, such as Ryou, the moron who'd gone missing, just as I decided I loved him.