"Okay, Okay, I'm sorry. What's the third rule?"

He sighed and repeated the third rule for probably the eighth time that day. "The third rule is to use—"

My memory cut out. What the fuck was the third rule?!

Zak—Or Demon Zak stepped closer. His eyes glowed a yellow ember color. He stuck out his hand.

"Come with me" His voice was deeper than the ocean itself. I put my fisted hands behind my back and hid them from him.

"No fucking way" He hissed at my unwillingness. I took a step back in fear.

Don't show fear, keep your stance. Demons feed off weakness. Zak's voice echoed in my head.

I took a step forward and kept my stance. He growled and snapped his fingers, seconds later I was bellowing in pain, I felt like I had swallowed thousands of needles. Once again he snapped his fingers, then it stopped.

I stood straight up. "How did you do that?"

He pointed around us. "Look around. You're not in the basement anymore we're-" He pointed to my head. "Up there"

I touched my temple with my fingertips. "How? You didn't do this before?"

He evilly smiled. "You weren't a psychic before"

I nodded my head. That makes sense. He stuck out his hand again.

"Now come with me. Unless you want that to happen again?" He smirked. I gulped.

I hesitantly hovered my hand over his. "Why?"

His smirk never left his face. "Don't you want to see your how dear ol' daddy's doing?" I smacked my hand into his without a thought.

Within seconds we were back into the basement. Zak was holding my unconscious body trying to wake me. Jafar raised his hand and snapped it, my body came to life instantly after, except one problem—it wasn't me.

"Charlie?" Zak asked. I smirked. "Time to die... daddy"

"Oh shit" He whispered. Before he could stand up, I raised my hand and scratched him across the face, causing him to yelp in pain. He dropped my possessed body, jumped up and hid in one of the small closets in the basement.

"Wake up Charlie! I know you're in there!" A muffled voice came from the other side of the door.

I turned to Jafar. "Stop it!" He just smirked.

"Only if you come with me" I looked at him in disgust.

"Fuck no" His face turned sinister.

"Do you want him to die? I can make sure he never sleeps, I can make him dream the most unimaginable things. I can make him kill" The last one dropped from his mouth like acid.

I didn't know what to do. I could go with the demon and save Zak, or I could... there was nothing else I could do.

What was the third rule?!

"Think happy thoughts" I thought aloud.

The demon scowled. "What?"

I turned and looked into his ember eyes. "Think happy thoughts"

I closed my eyes and remembered everything happy. I thought of the time Zak taught me how to play chess, how I beat him the first time I played without his help. I thought of my birthday, only a day ago, and how blessed I was to have such an amazing father like him. Then, I remembered the day I met him, I thought he was a weirdo when I first laid my eyes on him. I would've never imagined I would go from an abandoned damaged girl at that hospital to the strong and loved woman I am now.

When I opened my eyes, I looked the demon in his dead one. "I am stronger than you" I hissed through my teeth.

I took my fist and plunged it into his chest. He took a step back in shock. "This is my head, bitch"

We instantly shot back into the shadow-world where I had originally woken up.

The figure that once looked like Zak, changed before my eyes. Instead of my father, a black, shadow figure, with no face took his place. A cracking sound erupted from behind it. Burnt and ashen wings began to rise behind its back. I looked at my hand in its chest. As much as I wanted to take it out, I knew it was weakening it. Once again, it began to change, but this time it was another familiar face. I gasped at the figure before me.

"Danny?" she looked up and met my eyes. They weren't deep brown like how I'd remembered; they were ember yellow. I pushed deeper into its chest. It howled in pain.

"I'm so sorry Danny" I whispered. I drove my fist even deeper.

"You fucking whore" It coughed.

Fiery light began to escape through Danny's eyes and mouth. She never stopped howling as her body began to turn to ashes around my hand, until nothing was around it.

I stood silently in a world of darkness with my fist held in front of me and a pile of steaming ashes underneath it.

A sudden feeling of exhaustion overtook me and caused me to fall to my knees.

"Close your eyes Charlie, you're going to be okay" a soft voice hummed.

"Who's there?" I croaked.

"Close your eyes"