Part 5

Swimming pool of Olympus

As I walk in I realise that Percy isn't in here, and then I see bubbles slowly rising to the water's surface.

"Percy!" his head suddenly disturbs the still water. He gets out, water trickling from his hair, and that's when I see the giveaway flaming hair.

"Percy get down!" I scream. Did she have to choose the day before my birthday to decide to kill us?

"Abi! Have you got your new charm yet?" I can hear the urgency in his voice. I grab his wrist and run, the Empusa close behind.

Hephaestus' forge

As the blacksmith saw me a grin broke out on his tired face.

"Abira, I've just finished your charm."

"Give me the charm and run. The Empusa is here, on Olympus so run. RUN!"

He puts the charm in my sweating hands and bolts. So much for the gods being fearless.

"Abira Lawrence. A pleasure to finally meet you. And your... friend. It's a pity I have to kill you now but duty calls." Her voice is a hiss but I have an Idea.

"Wait! If you're going to kill me then what's the harm in telling me who sent you."

"My mistress, who is none other than my mother Hecate, goddess of crossroads, entrance-ways, light, magic, witchcraft, knowledge of herbs and poisonous plants, ghosts, necromancy and sorcery! You will not stop the war!" I give Percy a look that quite clearly says 'distract that thing'. I run to the place that I know Hecate will be... the throne room.

The throne room

"You will not bring peace Chosen One." She spits the last two words out as if they were poison.

"I am only the Chosen one because you made me. But I will not slay the Empusa; I will free her from your sorcery instead."

"Such an ignorant child. You really think you can defeat the mighty Goddess Hecate? I am a full god; you are a filthy half mortal. You cannot defeat me." That was the last straw. I grab the celestial blade and feel the weapon materialise in my palm. This dagger feels different; it sends a tingle through my arm and obeys every command. So I run at Hecate with all my strength. As I near her I feel my soul slip away. I HATE NECROMANCY!!!!! I then feel the satisfying feel of a blade entering a human stomach and the gorgeous sight of blood slowly seeping through her white gown, her face contorting in pain. I yank my blade from her stomach and let her fall at my knees.

"Not so filthy mortal now, huh?"