Welcome, my little angel

Začať od začiatku

Finally my lips started to form words. "Hello angel! you are so beautiful. You look so cute and innocent, and the best part is you are here to stay with me!" I said in excitement. I still could not fathom the fact that this little angel was my sister. I was going to tell everyone in my school that my sister was an angel.

There was a radio at the corner of the hospital room, singing some old tune. Soon the song ended and another started. This song just suited the moment.

"I hope the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you wanna go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,

If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile.
But more than anything, more than anything

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but you never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you live,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And always give more than you take.
But more than anything, yeah, more than anything

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish. Yeah, yeah.

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish (my wish, for you).

This is my wish (my wish, for you)
I hope you know somebody loves you (my wish, for you).
May all your dreams stay big (my wish, for you)"

We all hummed along welcoming my sister into the world. I didn't know the lyrics or the proper tune, but it did not matter. All that mattered was I had a baby sister. I had always wanted a baby sister. I could not wait to tell everyone that I had a baby sister. I was happy and excited.

"If now is not the time to take a family photo then I don't know when is?" said uncle Aaron, breaking the silence that had settled. He saw a nurse entering the room and motioned her to come to us. "Darling, can you take a family photo for us?" he asked her and gave her a weird look that made her go pink, it was the same look that my father sometimes gave to my mother. The nurse quickly looked down "Sure," she mumbled. "You are impossible, Aaron," my dad rolled his eyes, for I moment I feared that his eyes would disappear into his skull.

We all quickly arranged ourselves for the picture. I sat beside my mother on the bed. "Sweetie, why don't you hold your sister," and slowly she placed the tiny form into my equally tiny hands. I was afraid that I would hurt the life in my hands. The nurse said, "cheese" and we all looked up at the camera. A blinding flash had captured the moment.  I looked down at my sister and whispered to her, "Elizabeth."  

Present 

Though the camera had managed to capture the moment, but the camera could never return the moment. I could only look at the picture, but my family would never be the same as the smiling family in the picture. By now my eyes had started to tear up and some drops of tear even managed to leave my eye. I quickly wiped away the tear and rubbed my eyes to remove any trace of their existence. 

I looked at the photo and smileed sadly at it. "I wish I could bring it back" I said into the empty space. I really do wish everything was the way it used to be sixteen years ago. Fate had played a cruel game on us. I kissed the photo and placed it back on the nightstand, face down.

 ******

Hello my readers,

Just a pleasant reminder: always cherish your family and loved ones. No matter how much time you have with them will never be enough. So now is the time for you to go to them give them a hug and say "I love you." Just be sure that when you look back you don't regret anything.

 Thank you for reading. I will try to update every Friday (so there might be an update tomorrow) or Saturday. Don't forget to vote and comment.

P.S. the song is My Wish by Rascal Flatts

Spread love,

Thedreamer64