Carefully I stood up onto my feet, and made sure to keep both my eyes open. This eerie feeling made my stomach turn inside out.

Just as I had gotten to my feet, I felt a cold hand grasp on to my shoulder. For a couple seconds my whole body froze at it's touch. Then with a quick breath I spun around to face the whoever grasp my shoulder.

After spinning around, I almost wished I hadn't. Nine figures clothes in black fabric stood behind me. Each with a metal helmet that covered their faces, and gloves made out of armour.

I think what scared me the most was that I could not see any skin  or any signs that told me they belonged to any race of Middle-Earth. They could even be body less ghosts floating behind me.

I felt as though someone or thing, was about to speak, but before that happened, I felt myself being pulled back to consciousness.

I awoke with a jolt, my breaths were heavy and rapid from what I had just imagined. But once I realized I was safe my whole body relaxed. My mind must have been playing tricks on me with the little sleep I have had lately.

Soon I rolled out of bed and made my way into the kitchen where I could hear Legolas clambering away trying to look for food. But I knew that there was no food left because we had emptied the place out when we left to join the army.

“I am sorry I can’t find any food-,” Legolas was about to continue.

“It is alright, we are less than a day’s ride Thranduil’s halls, I know that I can live without food until then.

“Alright,” Legolas sighed, “I only want to make sure that you are healthy and safe.”

“And I thank you for that,” I placed a soft kiss on Legolas’s cheek before we continued on our journey.

As we walked out of the house I looked over to the barn and noticed that one of the large doors was open. “Do you mind if I-”

“Of course not,” Legolas replied even though I did not have a chance to finish my sentence.

Carefully I walked over to the barn, I wanted to make sure that whoever or whatever opened the door was either gone, or not a threat before I went inside. I opened up the door slowly and peeked my head inside to see none other than Carac standing inside.

“Hey boy,” I talked calmly making sure not to spook him. “You came back looking for Reinya didn’t you boy?” At the sound of Reinya’s name he pirked his head up. “But would you happen to know where Roshroch is?”

Then instantly he turned his head away from me almost as if he was ashamed. And I knew what he meant, my mare did not make it home. “It is alright boy, I trust that you did the best you could for her. Though I would like to ask a favor of you, if I could… Would you please take Legolas and myself home?”

It almost seemed as Carac understood everything I said, and in reply he nodded his head. And soon enough Carac, Legolas, and myself were on our way home.

(Reinya’s POV)

“I am going to go insane if there is no sign that Elemmire and Legolas are safe, I swear that I will ride out to find them, and when I do!” I groaned, looking wistfully out the window. “And I if I found them dead...”

Gorell looked up from the paper he was writing on with a surprised look in his eyes. “You included Legolas in that? I thought you hated him. What changed? Should I be concerned about your mental stability?” Gorell asked with a slight smirk.