studying, again?

Hermione was sat in the library, studying vigorously when Cedric plopped into the chair next to her.

"Hey, Hermione," he said softly, kissing her cheek. When he got no response, he frowned.

"Hermione?" he tapped her shoulder. Hermione looked up, prepared to snap at whoever it was bothering her studies.

"Oh. I'm sorry Ced, what did you say?" she said, her eyes flicking up to him, then back down on her book.

"I was going to ask you what you were doing-are you listening to me?"

"I'm listening. I am also trying to study," Hermione said, almost automatically, her gaze still fixed on her book.

"But you've been studying for hours," he moaned.

Hermione quirked a brow in frustration. "What else would I do?"

Cedric smirked. "You could snog your very needy boyfriend," he suggested.

Hermione rolled her eyes. "Since when did you become needy?" she said and proceeded to ignore him. With a sigh, Cedric left.

An hour later, Hermione had finished. She got up and found Cedric reading Quidditch through the Ages.

"Cedric?" He ignored her.

"Cedric, I'm sorry for ignoring you earlier. I was being rude and selfish to you, and that was unfair of me. I was too focused on my studying to pay attention to you, and I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?"

Cedric looked up, a smile on his face. "Hermione, take a breath."

She took a gulping, huge breath.

"Doesn't feel so good to talk to someone's head, eh?" he said, with a smile. 

"I know, and I'm sorry. I-"Hermione began but was cut off by Cedric.

"You don't need to apologize. I just wish you would spend as much effort for us. Lately, you study so much, I just feel like an afterthought,” he said, gently.

"I know, and I want to fix it. How about you and I go to Hogsmeade, together, every Saturday?" she suggested.

Cedric's eyes lit up. "Just you and me?"

"Just you and me," she agreed.

"No studying?"

"No studying," she said, rolling her eyes but smiling nonetheless.

Cedric winked roguishly. "Now, how about that snog?"

Hermione slapped his arm, still smiling.