Chapter eight

Edited as of April 25, 2021
_________________________________________

Link's pov

By the time I was done overlooking Zora Domain as well as checking with King Dorephan and Mipha, I decided to head back to Hyule Castle promising Mipha I'd come back soon.

The moon started to come up, shining a ray of light down on hyrule. I sighed, taking in the cold breeze and sounds of leaves swaying against the wind. I looked around the field seeing animals move around at every step my horse took.

Following the route back to Hyrule castle, I spotted something. No. Someone. They had a dark ora surrounding them, with red and black sprinkle dust following it's every step.

It approached a decaying guardian stalker, stretching out it's hand to touch the old thing. When it did, red and black smoke surrounded the stalker, causing it to wake and break out of if it's decaying stage.

I held back my horse as it went on his highen legs in fear. The figure quickly turned toward me, their eyes glowing a bright gold. A insane smirk graced it's lips as he pointed toward me, causing the stalker to stand. Dirt and old rust falling off the stalker making it clear of any rust or dirt in its legs allowing it to move.

The guardians eye glowed pink and started to aim a red thin ray at my chest. I signaled my horse to move, as we rushed through the fields to the castle.

The stalker kept it's aim as it followed close behind me, every step stomping against the green grass causing the ground beneath it to shake ever so slightly. I looked ahead seeing Hyrule Castle as a smile formed on my lips but then it hit me. I couldn't lead this rampaging guardian into Hyrule town square. I had to draw it away.

I quickly thought of a loose plan. I jumped off my horse letting it run into town as I stood there in the front gate, gripping on to my Master Sword.

The guardian stood in front of me, aimming it's red beam. I held my sword, not having a shield to deflect the shot. I had to think of something else to block the shot and reflect it either back at the stalker or anywhere around the guardian away from the town.

The sound of the beam was getting louder and starting to close in on my chest smaller and smaller. I had no other choice.

I ran toward the stalker with my sword held high hearing it charge up its blast and fire a blue laser toward me.

Zelda's pov

I paced back and forth outside the infirmary, bitting my nails anxiously waiting to hear some news of some sort from the doctors.

"Oh Link... please wake up..." I mumbled to myself. My father came to me with his Royal Gaurds by his side. He placed a hand on my shoulder to calm me down.

"My daughter, you must be calm." He spoke in a calm comforting tone. I nodded slowly and took a breather to try and calm myself down.

"Thank you, father." He nodded slightly and walked into the infirmary to see Link.

I couldn't even go in the infirmary without tearing up. He had more scars on his body and burnt Mark's due to the Gaurdian attack. As much as I understand that it is his job to protect me and Hyrule from danger, as well as the Calamity, but I still felt that he was jumping into to many hoops that involved him to get injured. I know that sword on his back means something but he shouldn't be so careless either. It only worried me more.

My father came out with a frown planted on his face. I looked at him begging for good news but by the look of his expression... it wasn't.

"So? Is he awake? Is he gonna be okay?" I asked eagerly knowing the answer I just had to ask. He shook his head and walked off without a word.