Chapter 6: Freedom

As Rey petted the porg's soft head, she watched the children's smiles form across their faces.
"Would you like to touch him?" The scavenger asked, squeezing the bird through the bars towards them. Helping people was all Rey wanted, but usually, she would often forget about helping herself. If only Ben was there...
These mourning children with dead mothers was just horrible to watch...Rey knew what she had to do.
"You know what? I'm freeing all of you from this horrible place. Ok, all of you pretend to be dead, alright? This odor and dust could kill anyone..." She whispered through the bars.
"I'll yell to get the guards to come and tell him to find help, so you can escape. Here, keep the porg...ok, now!
The children sprawled themselves on the floor, not moving an inch.
Rey screamed as loud as possible, causing the guards in gold armor to run to the cells.
"Do you do this? Huh? Did you?" One of the guards asked, forcing his blaster closer to Rey's face.
"No....ju-just get HELP!" Rey yelled, clutching the bars. These bars were actually electric bars, tossing her onto her back. She could hear the slight gasps of the children. By the time she had stood up, the guards were off to get assistance. Next, Rey spotted a small tunnel on the wall of her cell.
"Now, climb into that vent and keep crawling...once you go in, I'll follow you.
The children didn't have to be told this twice. Every one of them climbed through the bars into her cell space and moved into the tunnel, just in time for Rey to squeeze through with them. After feeling the hot air of the tunnel, they could see a bright light at the end!
"How could she escape my evil wrath? Guards, get that scavenger and take her back to me at once! I️ have something special for her..."
A voice Rey knew too well shrieked.
They had now reached the end, discovering there was a ship in front of them. An old, empty ship that must have crashed onto the island.
The group boarded and Rey fired up the ignition to speed off from the ground.
"Hold on! We're going off at light speed! I'll take you to the Resistance! They'll help you!"
"Then, I'll find my Ben..." She said to herself.
They burst off an immense rate, just in time to escape from Leader Nargroth...who had followed them through the tunnel.
"Why did you let them escape? Those imbeciles!" Nargroth yelled, watching the ship disappear into the sky.
Rey glanced out at the glimmering stars, amazed of how she had changed....from a scavenger to fighting alongside the Resistance.
As they landed at the Resistance Base, she watched the children happily run off the ship. They earned their freedom, just like Rey got her own.  Finn and Poe spotted Rey and ran over to her, confused.
"You brought the children here?" Finn asked.
"Yes, I️ couldn't let them rot it that cell any longer. They were in the cell next to me." Rey responded.
"You were in a cell? Where? Who locked you up?"
"I️ landed on the island, Dugguh, and Leader Nargroth tried to flirt with me..." Rey spoke with a disgusted expression.
"Ben was also shot, so I'm going to try to save him. I️ may have gotten laid with him...."
She added.
"What the hell? This is crazy!" Poe said, shocked.
"Why would you do that?" Finn yelled, frustrated.
"I️ tried to stop him, but he already had me in his arms and..and..it was actually nice."
"Are you sick or crazy? I️ basically can't tell now." Finn asked.
"Well, I've got to go! Take care of those children, because their mothers are dead...I'll be back, I️ believe that." Rey said, kissing Finn's cheek, then running back into the ship.
Poe and Finn tried to process everything that had just happened, but they deeply struggled.
Now, it was finally time for Rey to fulfill her true destiny.