13. it'll break you

Start from the beginning

"No you can't!" Kol raised his voice and stood up. Lifting his shirt, he pointed to the mark on his chest. "This right here symbolized my death. Dearest brother Finn cursed me and I have minimal days to live. You think you can handle that?"

Ariel almost stopped breathing when he finished talking and put his shirt back down. This wasn't happening, he couldn't be dying again. She couldn't speak, but only did she cry when he fell to his knees and broke down. Ariel got on the floor next to him, rubbing his shoulders and slowly moving her hands to his face.

"I try. I try to be the constant good thing in your life, but all I bring is pain to you," his watery blue eyes looked into hers. "I'm so sorry that I ignored you, but I didn't want you to know about this. You've lost me once and I – I don't want to put you through that again. I love you too much to know your cause of pain is rooted back to me."

"You shouldn't be sorry for anything," Ariel finally spoke with a little smile hiding the heart break within her. "Kol Mikaelson, you've been the best damn thing to ever happen to me. We are going to be just fine, okay? There's always a way to cheat death and you're going to get that this time. We are destined to live a happy long life, you got that?"

Kol nodded and leaned in to kiss his angel. No matter the situation, a kiss always cured their grief for just a little bit. Ariel pulled away when his phone started to ring. Kol's fist curled up into a ball when he put it to his ear. "Are you calling to gloat you venomous, venomous animal?"

Ariel held on to his arm, making him calm down a little. His eyes lightened up at whatever Finn said on the other line. "You've got my interest." With a couple more nods and a glance at the diamond she touched just minutes ago, he said, "Consider it done."

Right when Kol hung up the phone, Ariel placed herself right in front of him. A look of vengeance scattered his face which wasn't good after the breakdown she had just witnessed. The thought of him dying still loomed her mind, but death was something that every supernatural being could get out of. "What did Finn tell you to do? If you feel threatened–"

"He said he'd reverse the curse on me," Kol had some hope in his voice, but was still concerned if it was just his brother playing tricks on him.

Ariel crossed her arms, not really believing the eldest brother's proposal. "At what costs?"

Kol looked up at her, knowing she wasn't going to like the idea. "I have to get a vile of Klaus' blood."

+++

Ariel knew going against Klaus with the tension between them would be risky, but she'd do anything for Kol. He held the diamond tightly in his hand as he stormed into the Mikaelson mansion, taking out a new body Rebekah first. The angel made sure her head didn't hit the floor; even with the feuding sides she wouldn't want harm on her best friend. She looked up and saw Klaus' blood pooling to the ground from his nose all thanks to Kol.

She should've been happy that Kol was getting what he needed to survive, but instead she felt hurt. Kol's face held so much agony as he released all his anger and power on his older brother. Ariel wanted to stop him so he wouldn't go overboard, but she couldn't intervene when he was like this.

"I was building that dagger to protect my family against you, Nik." She knew he was referring to herself and Asher, smiling on the inside that he could show his love even in a moment of pure rage. Kol continued to talk to his brother as he circled around him, "I'm not the bad guy in this chapter of our family's story. I'm the wronged! I'm the dead but never mourned. And whilst you got everything you wanted...I got a family who didn't care if I lived or died."