27

The lady in the suit coughs awkwardly and I raise my eyes to look at her. "We are going to take you to another room now." She informs me, almost robotically.

I wrap my arms around myself, fisting the fabric of Harry's jumper and sigh. "Sure."

I don't want to cry. Not in front of strangers and not when Harry's just promised to come and find me.

He promised.

Some of the staff waiting with us have already hurried ahead, not willing to wait any longer for the girl about to fall to pieces in the corridor outside Harry Styles' room. Only the lady in the suit seems to be willing to treat me like a person rather than just a victim of a tragic accident.

"My name is Suwen by the way." She says in an almost embarrassed voice. She keeps her eyes straight ahead as we leave Harry's room behind us but I can see the pink tinge in her cheeks. "I'm a social worker here at the hospital and speak the strongest English."

"Ok." I say glumly. I don't really feel up for getting to know one another right now. The only people I want to socialise with...I'm not allowed to. "Suwen." I say suddenly, the idea coming to me like a light being switched on. "My Aunt lives here in Kuala Lumpur. I haven't got a clue what her mobile number or address are, but I do know the company she works for. Do you think someone could try and get in contact with her?" I start frantically jerking my head around in search of a clock. "What time is it anyway?"

Suwen looks somewhat shocked at my outburst. She checks the dainty silver watch strapped to her left wrist and turns to look at me. "It's almost three-thirty in the afternoon. We will try and get in touch with your aunt, Sarah, but you need to be seen to by the doctor first. The police are going to want to speak with you at some point too...about the accident."

She looks just as uncomfortable mentioning it as I do hearing about it. I hadn't even considered that I'd have to talk about what happened to us. As if experiencing it the first time wasn't bad enough, now I'll get to relive it verbally.

"Ok." I sigh and lower my gaze to the linoleum. Everything already feels wrong and we've barely been here ten minutes.

"It's just this next door on the right." Suwen tries to say enthusiastically and veers off into the nearest room on the right hand side of the corridor. I follow after her, not surprised to find two scrub-wearing staff members waiting for us inside. The room is smaller but looks exactly the same as Harry's; pale and with minimal furniture. I seem to instinctively drift towards the bed where there's a pile of khaki fabric resting on the blanket hanging over the end.

"Some clean clothes for you to change into." She smiles and then points at another door within the room. "There's a shower in there. I'm sure you're eager to freshen up."

She has no idea.

"Thanks." I mumble and scoop the clothes up in one swift motion. I hurry into the attached bathroom and lock the door behind me. Aside from the sound of the extractor fan now kicking in, it's completely silent. I can't even hear the voices of Suwen and her colleagues in the other room.

It's more of a wet room than a bathroom; the floor and walls tiled with the same beige design so that when they meet, it's difficult to tell them apart. I peel Harry's hoodie off and place it neatly on the lid of the toilet seat. The swimsuit however - I discard with such ferocity that it tears at the seam. The relief of no longer wearing it is indescribable. There are red marks streaking across my bikini line where the material had cut in and I seem to be absolutely covered in sand. I step forward and jab the button on the wall.

A powerful jet of water bursts from the shower head above and I release a high pitched squeal.

It's hot.