My old life. Destination... 'Haha, very funny... Oh god he's serious.'

Start from the beginning

I didn’t know what they were talking about and I didn’t even try to listen. Instead I was still interested by the London Eye. While they were talking back and forth in low whispers with one another, urgency in their voices, I slipped out of the boat, making sure no one knew I had left. Walking out onto the dock I stared up at the Ferris wheel once more in awe. It shone with red lights that spun every time it moved. It lit up the dark night sky adding life to the boring grey buildings that surrounded it. With a huge grin smeared on my face I skipped off towards it.

When I reached the entrance I pulled out my ticket which had been hidden in my sweater pocket. Clutching it in my hands protectively I looked up at the large Ferris wheel once more. It was really amazing. My young mind believed it to be the biggest thing in all of Britain, which was really the entire world in my eyes at the time.

“Elizabeth!” I hear a voice shout my name and whipped around. My brown hair which was done up in a loose bun, which had been weakened form all my running, came undone at the suddenly movement. It cascaded down me and reached just past my shoulders. I watched as mother and father were swiftly walking towards me. Panic took over. They were going to punish me for running off. I wouldn’t be able to go on the London Eye!

I couldn’t let that happen. This was the only thing I had to look forward to ever three months. Nothing else mattered expect for this. Gulping down my fear I turned away from them a raced towards the eye. I only stopped to show the man my pass onto the Ferris wheel. Ignoring the weird look he gave me I rushed onto it as fast as I could.

As the Ferris wheel lurched forward I finally found the strength to move my legs. Pushing myself to go over and look out at the water I made myself move. As I was walking across the ‘eye’ I saw a flicker of movement out of the corner of my eye. Titling my head to see what is was I found a blonde haired man giving me a curious look. It wasn’t mean or scary at all, just pure curiosity. He was wearing a strange green outfit that I found funny along with his bushy eyebrows. His eyes were green but a lighter color than my fathers and mine. Our gazes locked then and he tried a small smile.

“Hello love. What are you doing here all by yourself now?” He asked in a gentle, calm voice as if he was trying not to scare a rabbit

“Riding on the London Eye.” I stated plainly, still staring straight at him. Tearing my gaze away I looked out at the River Thames as he were lifted higher and higher above the ground.

 “Where are you parents?” The man sounded concerned this time.

I shrugged my shoulders. “Somewhere below. It doesn’t matter.”

He let out a sigh. “You shouldn’t run away from your parents little one. It’s dangerous.”

My face bubbled up with heat then. “It’s not like mum cares about me anyways! She’d rather send me to the Bullwood Hall than be in the same room as me for five minutes!” I yelled at him. Stomping my foot on the ground I crossed my arms over my chest and angrily sat down next to him.

He blinks at me a few times in shock, “Surely you are exaggerating. Your mother must love you very much.”

I glance at him and our eyes meet once more. Looking away I uncross my arms and fiddle with my fingers. “She doesn’t. She’s always yelling at me and acting as if I’ll never be good enough.”

“How old are you?” He asks me out of the blue. Honestly I couldn’t blame him. I was mature for my age, I mean, what seven years old knows about Bullwood hall?

“Seven.” I say shyly as I glance out at the water once more. My eyes locking on the River Thames, not leaving the view of the serene water.