Chapter 14: Reality for you

Comincia dall'inizio

"Did it or did it make your dick harder?" Yolanda asked with a laugh before I rolled my eyes and pushed the shopping cart away from her. "I'm joking Raheem. Calm down. It's not that big of a deal you saw him naked though. I forget that you such a goodie two shoes sometimes."

"I'm not a goodie two shoes. It's just the same thing happen with Zach. I stumbled in on him naked and the next thing I know I'm waking up in his bed naked."

"No, you slept with Zachary because you missed Dwight and Zachary was the closest thing you had to him."

"Either way it started with me lusting for him," I responded irritated at the thought of Zach and me. "I'm not trying to go down that same path, especially with my boss. That could get messy."

      "It could." She told me with a nod. "However, Dwight is the only man you been with not counting his twin brother. It may be wise to sample the appetizer so you can compare it to your entree. Who knows, you might enjoy it, and go back for seconds.

       I made a disgusting face at her metaphor. I am not cheating on my man, Yolanda."

      "It's not cheating if Dwight doesn't know, Raheem. Besides the two of you are not married." She said with an eye roll. "Trust and believe me, he's going to hurt you again. It's inevitable. It's Dwight, we're talking about here. You might as well get some good dick on the side. I mean if it were me, I would. The grass is always greener on the other side."

       "That's where you wrong. The grass is greener wherever you take care of it. I'll rather water my relationship with my significant other than give somebody else the same energy I should be giving my relationship."

       Yolanda smiled and placed a hand on my shoulder. "That sounds all good and dandy, but I hope Dwight thinks the same way you do."

"He does. I know you don't like him but give my boo some credit. He's not slanging drugs any more nor is he with any and everybody. You know what that is. I paused waiting for her answer. "That's growth. Sure he had his demons, but we all do. We all have a past." I said looking directly at her.

"Awwwww. Look at you getting tight over your man. I can just throw up." She replied playfully nudging me. "But on the real, how big was your boss's dick. I ain't forgot about the topic at hand."

I palmed my forehead with laughter, blushing at her question. "Oh my God Landa, I don't know. I don't carry a measuring tape in my pockets."

"Nigga, you can estimate, stop being all innocent." She said

      "I told you, I didn't really get a good look of anything. The blinds kept flickering so I couldn't make out anything." I reiterated, pursing my lips together. The image of him was burning vividly yet blurry in my mind. It was enough to to make me blush to myself like a school girl with a crush. Mason looked like he was in deep thought, but his mahogany broad chest and biceps shimmered in the sunlight. The image was turning me on, and Yolanda must've notice cause she slanted her eyes at me. "What?"

Yolanda scolded me with her facial expression as if she could read my mind. "Raheem, you be holding out on me. You already got Dwight, let me have this man. This could be my future baby daddy we're talking about. Stop messing with fate and help your best friend out."

<<•>>

       While Yolanda went into Victoria's secret, I decided to check out the nearby urban bookstore. There was hardly any people in the store so browsing for a book and checking out before Yolanda got done seemed to be an easy task. Walking to the LGBT themed section, I hummed the music that was already playing throughout the store. When I saw one of my favorite author's story, I grabbed my phone out of my pocket to scan the barcode for the price. I was in my own little world before I heard the harsh clearing of a throat. Turning around, I saw Mason standing dangerously close to me. I don't know if it was the pinstripe navy blue suit or the suave cologne he had on that had my mind racing and hormones dancing. Both were aphrodisiac to me.