Chapter 1: Strangers

Aditi's P.O.V

It's been almost three years now since my unrequited love for her started. And there has been no improvement.

I expected it though. Because life is hard.

And the worst part is that we are no longer friends or at least acquaintances anymore.

We are just strangers now.

That is how we act.

I am tired of this sick game of love. But I am powerless here.

My heart is controlling my brain. 

And my heart wants her. Only her.

What I had done today was unbearable. It was a grave mistake. 

I should have never done it.

There is no way I can change anything now.

Stupid, stupid, stupid me. I felt like hitting my head on the wall.

"Aditi, where are you dear?", my mom Rita calls out.

"I'm in the bathroom. I'll be out in a minute.", my hoarse voice replies back.

My family consisted of me, my little brother, my mummy and papa. They are the best family you could ever ask for. I truly felt comfortable with my caring family. I loved them very much and they loved me too.

My eyes landed on the mirror.

The reflection of a shattered soul is seen staring out.

Her ebony black, mid length hair is bundled up in a messy bun. Her face looks pale and there are the numerous streams of teardrops . Her lips look dry. Her whole composture looks painful.

But her eyes are the striking part. The dark, coffee brown eyes hold so much of pain that it makes you want to look away. It's evident from her eyes how deep her pain and misery is. 

I can't bear to look at my sorry state. And all this is because of her.

I quickly wipe away my tears and make myself look presentable. I put on my black thick rimmed glasses.

I have to put on my act for the sake of my family and friends.

"Mummy, you called?"

"Yes, dear. Were you crying?", mummy asked looking worried.

"No, not at all.", I lied.

"Okay. You know that Diksha deedi's wedding is next week right. We need to go shopping.", said mom with excitement.

Diksha deedi is the cousin I'm closest to and I'm happy that at least she got her happy ending. Lakshman bhai is a sweet and caring person. And it was obvious they liked each other very much. So we decided to let them tie the knot.

"Sorry, mummy. I am not in the mood for shopping. You can carry on", I said smiling apologetically. I had decided that I wanted some me-time for today.

"What happened Aditi? Something wrong? Were you crying beta?", mummy asked looking concerned.

"No, no. Nothing wrong at all mummy. Just wanted to catch up with my gang. I will be at the Du Mont Café downstairs.", I said putting on the best smile I could manage in my current state.

She didn't look convinced. But she nodded.

"Okay then. I'm going. Ta ta bye bye. Take care of yourself.", said mummy and walked out the door.

I quickly texted the POTATOES which were my gang of friends namely Keerthi, Nada, Irine and Avantika. They were my strongest support throughout my life. I could never survive without my dear potatoes.

"Guys! Emergency! I messed up really badly and I feel like I'm going mad. Please meet me asap at Du Mont Café .", I texted with the slightest of a real smile on my face. It was quickly replaced with a frown at the thought of the worst thing that I had done today.

" Nada potato to the rescue!!!"

" I was thinking of catching up with some sleep. But sleep can wait.", texted Keerthi.

"OMG! What happened??? I'm coming.", texted Irine.

"Hold on. I think I know what this is about. Give me five minutes.", texted Avantika.

I don't know why but their responses and the mere thought of meeting them is bringing up my mood.

I quickly put on slippers and raced down to the café.

I need to do set it right. And my friends are going to help me do just that.

Aditi, you need to be strong.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

What do you think of my new character Aditi? ( who so happens to be me)

Why do you think she was crying? 

What is the grave mistake she has committed?

So this book is dedicated to all the LGBT people out there. Especially to the ones who have faced the problem of one-sided love to a straight person.

#HAPPYPRIDEMONTH