Chapter 7

The birds chirped their morning song as the sun colored the sky with different shades of orange. I stifled a yawn with my hand and wiped away the perspiration that formed on the corners of my eyes.

"Bad night sleep?" A timbre voice asked me.

"If you can tell, why ask?" I mumbled without looking back.

Blaise strolled in front of me with two black duffle bags in his hands, "Well you don't have to get all sassy with me early in the morning. I'm sorry that my supernatural werewolf strength doesn't include x-ray vision. I can't see your face from the back of your head."

Disgusted by his description, I turned around and pretended to gag, "Ew Blaise, I don't ever want you to see through my head."

"Well, I kind of do, don't I? I mean we can read each other's thoughts," Blaise stated in a matter-of-fact way. He casually strolled up to me and set his bags down. When he glanced up at me, he smirked, "Well, I guess I don't need these supernatural powers to guess. I was right."

"Thank you for stating the obvious again," I bit back and turned around walking to the packed house to fetch my luggage too.

"Well, I guess you won't be grateful for this then." A waft of rich chrysanthemum aroma attacked my sense of smell and I immediately stopped my tracks.

My head flung around and my eyes immediately zoomed in on the beautiful chrysanthemum flavored tea in his hands. I reprimanded under my breath, "Damn it, this is why you should not allow people to know your weakness Aaria." However, without a second thought, I sped walk to Blaise again.

I urgently lunged in and tried to snatch the reusable tea cup from Blaise, but he retracted his hands before I reach it. My hands clutched the air and I stood there with my mouth wide open. How dare he separate me from my love.

"You don't even like tea, hurry up and just give it to me." I commanded urgently.

"You dare to command your leader?" Blaise warned teasingly.

"When it's my favorite tea in line, I will do anything." I huffed back. "Now give me," I said and held out my hands. Blaise grinned and took a swig of the drink before handing it to me.

"I will never forget you." I drew out my syllables to emphasize my point. I shot him the dirty look and snatched the drink out of his hands. I quickly took a huge gulp out of it just in case he decided to fight me again. I possessively cuddled the warm drink in my hands as if it was my prized possession.

"Well, thanks for being grateful. I'm just doing these things out of concern, but all I get is a bite back." Blaise covered his heart and shot me the puppy dog look. His eyes were slightly tilted down like a wounded puppy. I almost spat out my drink when I saw his face. When would he understand that that look wouldn't affect me.

I stuck out my tongue, "So what? Fight me, who is stopping you from biting back?" I leaned closer in a challenging manner. As soon as I did, his piercing aftershave wafted into my nose.

"Hell no, I'm not interested in eating my own kind." Blaise wrinkled his nose and shot me a disgusted look.

"Well, you shouldn't complain then." I shrugged and flipped my hair as I strode into the pack house for my luggage. As if I forgot something, I turned around and raised one finger up, "Ah, by the way, you stink." Automatically, Blaise lifted his arms to smell himself. While chuckling at his confused looks, I continued walking to my designation.

One by one I watched the pack members pile out the house. They nodded their heads in respect as I walked past the crowd. Following their suit, I began loading our necessities into the trunk.