I shot him a weak glare, slightly embarrassed. "I can't help that my body has this reaction to you. Remember how you used to repulse me?"

He snorted, reclining back beside me but keeping his hand on my thigh. "You were never repulsed by me. You were intimidated and didn't trust me because of how cruel I was to you. Which I completely deserved. Not to mention after what happened with your parents, you had every right to separate yourself from wolves."

I gave a soft nod, my mood souring at the mention of my parents and the horror we suffered that day. Dominic stared quietly at me for a couple minutes before he turned and reached behind him, opening the drawer in the bedside table. "Speaking of... I have something for you."

A folded piece of paper was set in my hands, causing me to become curious. "It's about my parents?"

"Kind of."

Flipping the page open, I discovered an estimation of a fee. My gaze flicked up to him in confusion, earning me an encouraging nod. Reading further, it was an estimate from a man named Desi Ian. A private investigator. An expensive one at that. "Have you ever thought about finding your parents' killer?"

"Only everyday of my life," I whispered. "But... it's so expsnsive, Dom. Especially for a case that went cold years ago. I don't know how I can let you spend all of this money for nothing."

Dominic nodded in understanding, reaching to stroke my face. "It won't be for nothing. Even if it gives you one more ounce of closure, more satisfaction. It will be so worth it."

I looked over the paper, but wasn't really reading the words. I was reliving the nightmare process of finding the killer the first time. "No one listened to me. They all thought I was too young to really know. I told them what the men looked like, what clothes they wore, how they spoke. Everything. But the cops and investigators just kept saying, 'she's having false memories... it's a symptom of the trauma she has suffered' over and over again. Right in front of me. Do you know how belittling that was?"

Dominic examiend before shaking his head. "No, I don't. I can't begin to understand what that felt like, as a child who just lost her parents and then was shunned by the processes. I have no idea. But the pain you feel... I can sense it, even if it is just a fraction. And I will do everything in my power to rid you of all pains. Starting with finishing what those fat old cops couldn't." He sighed, taking my other hand and pressing my palm to his lips. "But I won't do it without your permission."

I smiled up at him through my lashes. "It's going to suck. I have been able to repress a lot of emotions from these days and you can't blame me if I get upset and maybe irrational during this process again. But most of all, you have to let me be apart of it. This is my life, my parents. My testimony. No one will push me aside, the only true witness, again. Do you understand?"

"Absolutely. Of course, sugar. Everything. You and I are a team. I've said this before and I will say it again. Especially with this. If anything. You're in control. I'm just supplying the funds and the cheerleading."

I snickered, trying to hide how my eyes were currently watering. "Cheerleading?"

"I'm your biggest fan. I will cheer you on always. Like, uh, you know..." Dominic's head tipped back, eyes searching the ceiling. Then he burst into song. "Let's go, let's go, L-E-T-S G-O!"

Laughing, I threw the paper aside and wound my arms around him. Dominic chuckled heartily, rolling us until I was beneath him and he was holding himself above me. "I have one or two more, if you'd like to hear them."

"God, no."

He feigned hurt. "What? I'll have you know-"

"It's a good thing you're cute, because you would never have made it as a cheerleader."

"I resent that. Just to prove you wrong, here is my full set list of cheers." He took a dramatically deep breath and just before the Alpha could go into it, I lifted my head and kissed him fiercely.

Dominic growled contentedly and pressed himself fully on top of me. He returned the action for a few moments before I gently pushed him back. "Dominic, thank you."

"I love you, Caroline. Those I love deserve everything and more. This is the least I could to for you, after everything." the man let out a deep breath. "I love you so much it's terrifying. My original behaviors toward you... I can't even begin to explain them, let alone think up an excuse for it."

I nodded in agreement. "Yeah, you were a total jerk. Dare I say, Dickwad."

The alpha snickered darkly, leaning down to tease my lips with his, noses brushing together as my hands came up to run through his messy bed-hair. "I love your pet names for me, baby girl."

*A/N: Dom's dream

Also, some of you may have noticed, I am beginning to set up the ending of this book *sniff sniff* so sad. But guess what. I already have my next story lined up. And I also plan to do some MAJOR editing on this story and hope to publish it as a real book. Will it make me any money? Probs not. But it's a bucketlist thing of mine. Life is short, do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone! 

I love you guys. More than Dom loves Caroline.