Twenty Four

Sorry it's been so long! I have had a crazy couple weeks. Here's a rundown on what I have done:

- I got straight A's on all my finals and therefore on my  semester grades

- I got a helix piercing

- The 23rd was my 20th birthday! 

- I am dogsitting a mastiff and I love him so much.

- visited my hometown in Utah and went camping

Okay, onto the story!

Chapter Twenty Four

C A R A

The worst part about this whole mess was being forced to rely on Dominic for many things. He had to wake me at certain times of the day in order to keep my sleep schedule intact, but he would also take me upstairs for naps. Being completely unconscious for several days really messes with your motor skills.

The mark on my neck had begun to throb and itch if I was away from Dominic for more than three or four hours, which was absolutely maddening, especially when I am normally a fully independent individual. Dominic could always tell when it started to bother me though, so without asking he would appear and do something with me or would give me attention and affection. Part of me hated it and the other part, the one that was connected to the mark, liked it and blushed like a schoolgirl when he came near.

"Don't be embarrassed," he would tell me. "It's okay."

I waited a total of eight hours once, which ended up reducing me to a feverish, migraine-ridden mess. Dominic slipped under the blankets with me, where I had been "hiding" all day. I was only two rooms down from his bedroom, so it wasn't much of a hiding place. "Let me see," he had told me.

With a deep sigh, I rolled until he had access to his mark, closing my eyes. Dominic wrapped an arm around my waist, tugging me until our chests lined up. "I am surprised you stayed away for so long. Such a strong girl," he hummed, kissing a trail from my cheek to my throat until he got to the mark. I would never get used to the strange feeling his touch created on the mark. My whole body tensed up as chills ran down my back, creating goosebumps.

As much as I wanted to lie and say I didn't feel anything when he did it, I did. The relief his attention gave me was immense, causing me to snuggle up into him each time, no matter how hard I tried not to.

Today I was going to try again, but go much longer. It was the first day since I had woken up that I felt back to normal, which took a whole week. The day of the ceremony he scheduled was fast approaching and with the new influence of the mark, I wondered if I would be able to be strong enough to hold off.

"Hey, beautiful," Dominic greeted, bouncing into the kitchen. "You look nice today." I waited for his standard "good morning" which meant kissing me once on the mouth and once on the mark.

I glanced down at myself. I was in black leggings and a flowy green top. Nothing too spectacular. "We have a dinner tonight with some of the planners for the ceremony," he reminded me. "I'll be in meetings most of the day, so will you be able to entertain yourself? Or you could read in the office while I work?"

"I may go to the cafe. I'll be alright. I'm a big girl."

Dominic chuckled, nodding. "Yes, of course. But the mark has been quite demanding lately, hasn't it?"

I shrugged, trying not to show how much the mark's power over me freaked me out. In reality, it made me feel weak and helpless. "Nothing I can't handle. I will be fine."