Chapter thirty five

"I wish I could paint our love
moments in vibrant hues
Wordplay, turns into gun play
And gun play turns into pillow talk And pillow talk turns into sweet dreams. Sweet dreams turns into coffee in the morning." I hummed to myself as I sipped from my coffee mug.

I looked over at Vanessa and smiled at the drool that was slipping down the corner of her lip.

I suddenly remembered something my mom told me in her near hour long rant, and grabbed my phone.

"Hey Dana." I said as she picked up on the first ring.

"Hello soon to be mama." I smiled lightly and looked outside of my window as the sun slowly started to rise.

"I'm actually calling for that reason." I brought the mug to my lips and let the warm liquid slide down my throat with ease. "I want my own house. Not saying living with two extremely overbearing girls isnt lovely. I think it's just time."

Dana squealed and I immediately heard shuffling.

"Yes! I'm totally down with this! I'll call a realtor and you just wait for my phone call." I chuckled at her over excitement and nodded.

"For sure. Thanks D." I hung up the phone and placed it in my basketball shorts before leaving the room. "C'mon Marley." I pat my leg making the dog scrape his nails on the hardwood floor to catch up with me.

I plugged my phone up to the speaker in the kitchen and played my classics playlist. Regulaters by Warren G started to play from the speakers.

I decided to roll a joint because I haven't in a while and it felt like one of those days. I lit it with my pink Bic lighter and hung it loosely while I took stuff out to make breakfast. Believe it or not, I was a pretty good chef. That's how I got all the ladies in high school. Not really.

I hummed along to the lyrics as I cracked eggs into the skillet.

Marley nudged my leg and looked up with his big eyes. I grabbed his bag of treats from the cabinet and opened the bag.

"Sit." I said and waved it. He walked in a circle before sitting. "Good boy." I tossed it up and let him catch it.

I started back to the eggs and added pre cut green peppers and ham to make an omelette.

"I said ooh I like your style. She said my cars broke down and you seem real nice would ya let me riiide?" I chuckled as V wrapped her arms around my waist and whispered the lyrics into my ear. "Did you wake up as me or something?"

I smirked and held up a piece of bacon for her to bite. "No, why?"

"Well," She took the entire piece and backed away. "You're playing my music for one, and you're cooking."

I turned around as I grabbed another piece of bacon.

"I can cook babe, I just choose not to." I shugged and flipped the other half of the omelette over to cover the other shit.

I used the spatula to place it on the plate and turned to the fridge to grab some orange juice out. When I turned back around, the plate was gone. "What-"

I looked behind me and saw Vanessa crouched behind the counter, wolfing down the omelette.

"Really Vanessa?" I shook my head and turned to make another one.

"I'm eating for two now." I smiled as I could tell that was going to be her excuse for a while.

-

"This song is sexy and cute at the same damn time." Viv said as she finished recording her verse. "I'm feeling it."

"Thanks kid." I said as I messed with my acoustic guitar. "I was wondering about the video-"