19

I'm pretty sure I've got you but I won't argue. Aris said. You could hear the smile in his voice.

Get us out of here? Newt asked.

Yeah, give me a second.

The Cranks screaming became louder, then cut short soon after. Something banged against the window, yet no one dared to look.

When you cracked open an eye, your brain immediately exploded in a headache. You closed your eyes with a groan and leaned back into Newt's chest. River's grip on your thigh loosened until she just loosely held the fabric in her fist. You kept a hand on the side of her head to make sure she wasn't looking at anything that could scar her. 

"What in the world did he do?" Winston asked from where he stood, now relaxed, next to Jeff.

"What happened?" Thomas asked, a hand to his head.

"They all just. . . dropped. Well, they exploded, but dropped."

"Like when (Y/N) shot that one and they all died? The lifeline thing?" Minho asked.

You pulled River's head into your side to cover her ear. You put a finger to your lips and berated them silently.

"No. Well- yeah, kinda. I don't know how to explain it." Alby tried, his tone frustrated.

You tried opening your eyes again. Closing them didn't do much for the brain pain. You looked out of the window and you still had no idea what they were trying to say. The Cranks where still there, just laying on the floor.

Suddenly, Jeff gasped and flinched away from something. When you looked over, there stood the same blueish hologram of Aris.

"Aris, oh my god, man." Thomas said, a breathy laugh escaping his lips. "What did you do?"

"Don't know." Aris answered with a shrug. "Just wanted them gone and they died."

"That's a terrifying power." Fry noted.

"Yes." Gally nodded. "Very."

Alby looked around at your small group. A frustrated confusion was clear on his face. "Okay. Explain."

"Where to start..." Minho said thoughtfully.

"How about you start with after he died?" You suggested.

"Yes. Thank you." Alby said. He shivered slightly at the thought. You understood completely.

"Okay, so." Minho got himself comfortable on the floor. He opened his mouth to start talking but Newt started for him.

"They Grievers left and Gally punched Thomas, which we all kinda wanted to do but we wouldn't. Then we were taken in by Rat Man and Co. who ended up being with WICKED - the people who put us here - so we broke out of there with this guy-" He pointed at Aris who waved. "And we found this resistance called the Right Arm who took us to this Safe Haven of sorts. Some of us. But now we're back here so what was the point?"

"That's the really watered down version." Frypan said.

"So..." Alby took a moment to look around at everyone. "Who didn't die?"

Fry, Thomas, and Minho raised their hands.

"Only you guys?" Alby asked.

Everyone was quiet.

"Well," You said. "Now we're back and we have to leave again. Right now seems like the best chance we have."

The group agreed and piled everything they could into their arms and stuffed their backpacks until they looked like they were going to burst. They must have found them in the basement. Frypan's was filled to the point where the button almost popped off with imperishable food items. Bless him.