10

The glass groaned when the Griever slammed its large, green head into it for the tenth time. Your head zipped between Gabi and the Griever every few seconds. Teresa was still in pain but there was nothing to help. Gabi tapped away at the keyboard and didn't flinched when the doors shook. You tried calling her but she shushed you with a waved hand.

All of a sudden, you felt a small pain in the back of your skull. Soon after, sounds rushed at you from inside your head. Three people yelling your name and asking if you were okay. The pain grew until you felt the urge to throw up.

Stop! You shushed them promptly after the headache got worse. Newt, Thomas, and Minho's questions slowed to a stop and it gave you a second to breathe. Not all at once, please.

Holy shit, (Y/N)! What happened? Minho questioned worriedly.

Your face twisted in confusion. How do you know something happened? You asked.

You started screaming! Thomas exclaimed.

Yeah, I thought I did. You stated. Well first, Cranks. Then a Griever showed up. We're fine, but Teresa might have broken a rib.

At least you're all okay, Newt sighed. You could imagine him rubbing a hand over his eyes.

The Griever slammed into the door again. You were surprised how well the glass was holding up.

"Gabi, hurry it up," You called over to her.

"Oh, you're so lucky I'm working on this right now or I'd be over there with my foot so far up your ass-" Gabi's threat was cut off by the Griever giving up on ramming into the door with its head and decided to use its remaining mobile legs.

"Shut up and hurry up!" You yelled.

Sorry guys. Since when have Grievers been so persistent? You asked the guys.

What? What's going on? Newt asked.

Little Griever problem. Be back in a bit.

Wait- Newt's sentence was cut short. Somehow, you cut off the whole telepathy thing with just thinking about it. Honestly, you didn't want to go through the whole awkward conversation thing while fighting for you life.

"(Y/N). . ." Teresa said with some difficulty. "You did start screaming,"

You smiled. "Help me with this Griever?"

"Of course," You helped Teresa to her feet.

Teresa moved slowly but was close behind you. You stayed out of sight of the Griever behind a small wall cutting off the center of the room to a ring of shelves along the walls.

"(Y/N)?" Gabi called, not moving her eyes from the computers. "What are-"

You shushed her. "Keep working!" You snuck closer to the door. Like all walls this little one came to an end. Right in front of the door. You turned to Teresa. "What should we do?"

Teresa was in pain. You could tell by her face. It was streaked with sweat and her lips pressed together hard enough to make them go white. Her eyes showed determination but the look twitched out every once in a while when the pain hit its hardest.

"Are you sure you want to help?" You asked, twisting around and sitting in front of her.

"I'm-" Her sentence was cut off when she flinched, backfiring on her. "I'm fine,"

You gave her an unsure look. "Don't push your self."

"I won't,"

You doubted she would listen. Last thing you need is Teresa having a rib puncturing her lung. But, really, you didn't care all that much. The only reason you were looking out for her was because she meant so much to Thomas. Honestly, she wasn't the nicest person. She stood up for her beliefs and you always try to look for the best in a person. Except Gabi. There's nothing good about Gabi. Except her threats. Gonna have to use a couple of those later.

You quickly scooted behind the other side of the wall. Teresa did the same and bumped into you, causing her to squeak in pain.

"No." You stated. "Listen. You're going to go sit back down in that chair."

Teresa looked kind of offended. "What? No! I'm not."

"Yes, you are. I don't care whether it's a bruise or something's broken. Thomas would kill me if you get hurt so, go. Now."

Teresa was angry with you. No lie there. It showed on her face. It showed in her tightening fist. It showed in her eyes. "I won't."

"Why not?"

"Because I will be helpful at some point in this damn time we're here and if it kills me, I'll die helping."

"That's an awfully stupid thing to die over." You stated, but you understood and didn't pressure her anymore.

The Griever heaved its leg for about the thirtieth time since you decided to do something and crashed it into the glass. Finally, the glass gave slightly and cracked.

Damn. You thought. What the hell is that stuff made of?

A memory came to you. It was of when you were little - about eight - playing hide and seek with Teresa. You ran through two wide glass doors, like giant gates to a walled city in your young eyes. You heard Teresa giggle somewhere down the hall and you shrieked with delight. You grabbed a step stool and pushed it up to the wall. A small yellow button stuck out of a panel next to what seemed to be one of those things where you swipe an ID card. Your tiny fingers barely reached, but you shoved with all of your might and the door closed. Teresa came around the corner and saw you through the cracks of the door and laughed along with you. Then you disappeared behind the cool grey metal.

You didn't linger on the memory since sitting there and reminiscing could potentially get you killed.

You sat for a second and thought. How could you get there without being spotted? Teresa. Teresa was how.

"Alright," You said turning to the dark haired girl. "I think I've got something."

"Anything would sound like a good idea right now." Teresa admitted.

"Good. So, do you think you could distract him while I get to that panel thing over there and close the door?"

"The door? The door's already closed!"

"No! The metal one! The one the comes out of the ceiling!"

"Oh."

"Thank you!"

"But I don't want to distract it! You distract it!"

"Teresa, I'm trying really hard right now to keep you from hurting yourself any farther and you're making this really hard on my part. Even this one has I high chance of either of us being killed."

She paused for a moment, thinking it over. Her tone said resolved but her face said "oh god no". "Let's get this over with."