Chapter 24

Gideon POV

They say that love is weakening ,that it takes over your entire being.  I can testify that that is the truth. I would do anything for Serena,  she has become my life,  I would protect her with everything in me,  however,  I felt as though I had failed her, this should not have happened  , from the note  I could tell that  the person behind this hated me,  most people do,  however nobody ever had the guts to take me on.
I don't care if they hurt me,  just not the one person I love more than life itself.

I placed my arm protectively around Serena's waist as we walked back into the car in silence,  I could feel how tense she was.
Once in the car I turned to her,  I could see the worry in her eyes,  and somehow I felt responsible for that,  I knew this situation was out of my control but I knew this was somehow my fault.
"Gideon what did that note mean?  New York?  What happened? " she asked ,  her voice barely a whisper,  I could tell she was holding back tears.
That alone could kill me,  yet here I was debating whether or not to tell her.  I guess its now or never  , but I could hold off until we get out of the city.  I leaned her into me and placed a soft kiss on her forehead. "I'll tell you soon, angel " I watched as her eyebrows furrowed ,  she wanted answers,  and she wanted them now,  but I couldn't take the chance,  we need to be alone,  as of now the only person I trust is, her.

Ross put  the luggage at the back of the SUV and we were off,  I could tell she was restless,  I don't blame her,  her safety was jeopardized. I just hoped that where we were  headed , would be free of this chaos.

We arrived at the landing strip that my jet was chartered at,  I took a glance to make sure it was safe to bring Serena out,  I reached for her hand as I helped her out,  she willingly accepted,  just then did I notice how distraught she actually was.  Her hands were shaking,  her olive skin somehow looked pale to me,  she wore a constant frown,  it was evident that this situation was taking a bigger toll on her than she had let on.

We were seated on the jet, awaiting take off,  Serena was reading on her iPad,  we haven't said much after I brushed off her previous question,  I will tell her,  just not now. The pilot came in to wish us well before he took his leave to the cockpit.
Now is my chance.

"Gideon I'm going to freshen up. I'll be back"  with that she gracefully stood up and walked to the bedroom,  just then the hostess had brought out the beverages as well as some  fruit.

**25 minutes  later**

"Gideon could you come here please" I heard her call.  I walked into the bedroom to see her on her cellphone having a very heated discussion with someone. She dropped the call after she saw me.
"What's wrong love? " I had to know what had her so worked up.
"TMZ reported that my vehicles were vandalised and that my safety is in jeopardy " she said as calmly  as she possibly could.
"They stated that a reliable source fed the information to them,  ughhhh!!! It's so frustrating because nothing stays private anymore,  here let me read the article to you" She pulled out her laptop and opened a tab and there it was.

"Forbes most eligible bachelorette in danger"
In recent news we have been informed that Miss Serena Reselle was at a dinner party  with Christian Grey and his family when the attack happened.
It's unclear what the offender is after,  sources tell us that all of Miss Reselle's belongings were in place  , however 11 of the cars were vandalized. As far as we know Miss Reselle was with her boyfriend Gideon Cross,  CEO of Cross Enterprises,  when she was made aware or the attack,  whereabouts of Miss Reselle remain uncertain, but we are told that the couple is fine and are together.
We will have more updates later on"

Wow,  it's not a bad article but the fact that the perpetrator now knows we are safe and together is a threat to us. "Were you on the phone with your publicist?" I enquired,  I'm certain she had something to do with  it.
"Yeah, I was,  how could she be so stupid,  she's supposed to make sure no one finds out,  I called my lawyer as well to start somewhat of an investigation to find out who the source was. "
Just then her phone began to ring uncontrollably . She answered without checking the caller ID  and walked out. "Annalise" was all I heard before my phone began to ring of the hook.

We spent about 4 hours just returning  calls and texts to loved ones. Serena fell asleep and I was checking my emails.  I heard her stir, as her eyes fluttered open.
I strode toward her and placed my hand on the back of her head before sitting down on the bed and placing her on my lap.
"Gideon where are we going? " I was wondering when she would ask,  I guess she was too caught up in everything that it slipped her mind.
"Guess " was all I said,  I knew she saw the smile growing on my lips which in turned caused her to smile,  sending my heart into cardiac arrest.  The things she does to me..
"Okay but first tell me what happened in New York. "She calmly demanded.  I guess I couldn't escape it anymore. You gotta tell her Cross
I heard my subconscious tell me.
"Someone has been sneaking into my apartment everyday for the past week,  I got the call when you were getting ready for dinner at Grey's  , I didn't know how to tell you.  The security team is stumped,  I was supposed to head back tomorrow "
I watched her eyes change from the hazel, I'm used to seeing to a dark chocolate brown, that could only mean one thing ... She was pissed.

We spent the next hour discussing why I didn't tell her anything,  eventually we began talking about possibilities as to how this person was getting access into our  homes. We came to a conclusion that whoever was responsible for this mess was not working alone,  they definitely had help.

"Gideon?" she asked
"Yes love"
"You didn't tell me where we're going." She said.
"That sounds like a statement. " I teased.
"It is,  now start talking." She demanded .
I couldn't help the smile that made its way across my face when she demanded answers it was...  Cute.
"Greece... Santorini" I said with a smirk .

Her face splitting into a grin was the best sight I've ever laid eyes on,  her childlike amusement was undeniably the most fascinating thing to me.
I guess it was clear.

I loved this girl.