Chapter 5

I just landed in New York and I was still reeling from everything I saw online, however this was a business transaction, and I needed to carry myself as a professional business woman. With Gideon and I, work was work, yes he wants to invest in my business because it's a success, not because he wants to get me out of my panties ,he's done that already.
I laughed at the thought, I hopped into the car that awaited my arrival and I grabbed my carry-on bag, I retouched my makeup, combed through my hair and sprayed some perfume on. I was happy, I took a selfie and sent it to my best friend, Annalise, I titled it Hot or Not, she texted me back immediately.

"Daaaamn girl who's getting lucky tonight??? Soo Hottttt"
"I have a meeting with Gideon, I'm on my way to his office"
"Wow really? I see that revenge look, make him beg girl "
"You bet"
I took another look at my appearance and before I knew it I was outside of Cross Industries. I jumped out and was bombarded my paparazzi. " Oh god " I said out loud thank heavens I had my bodyguard with me, I actually forgot about how crazy paparazzi in New York are, and it brought me back to remembering the fights Gideon and I had because we basically had no privacy..

I walked in and went straight to front office. Sasha still worked here and got out of her chair squealing for joy and hugged me, "You look stunning" she said. "Are you guys back together" I giggled " No, I'm meeting with him to discuss business" I say, just then another female walked behind the desk ."Can I help you? " she said rather rudely, " No" was all I said. " I'm going up now " I told Sasha. " I'm sorry I can't let you up, I don't know you"
" She's with me" I heard that oh-so familiar voice say. I turned around and smiled, he walked towards me and put his hand around my waist bringing me in for a hug. Keep it professional Ree, I don't hug my clients what the fuck?!

I hugged him back and looked at him, he smelt so good, and  I relished the feeling of being in his arms again. The other woman who was now staring at me bitterly, rolled her eyes at our public display of affection.
"Shall we" he said. " I thought we were having a luncheon in your office" I said rather confused. " we are ,silly" " Oh", I giggled . He kept his hand on my lower back, steering me toward the elevator to his office, when he reached his floor, he placed his hand on my lower back and we walked to his office.

I walked in and was hit with a wave of emotions. This office held so many memories. I fell in love with him in this office

I walked into Gideon Cross's office, he had offered to give me some tips on business management, since he was the youngest and one of the richest entrepreneurs in the world, I obviously dove at the opportunity to receive any type of advice from him.
"May I take your Coat? " he said with a smile playing on his lips.
"Sure" I said. He was a very attractive man, and he sure knew it.
"I'm going to hold a conference call , if you'd like to join me and take notes, I wouldn't object to it" .. "Sure" was all I said. " hmm for a smart girl ,you don't have a wide vocabulary " he said with a smirk on his face. Was he teasing me? " Pardon my short responses, I was just taking in the spectacular view" I say, remaining as professional as I could. He came closer behind me and whispered in my ear " It is quite a view" .. Was he checking out my ass? What the hell Cross. I took a seat across from him at his desk and awaited for him to begin his call.

He started, and to be honest, the way he carried himself with such confidence, was actually turning me on, I squeezed my thighs shut and listened attentively, he looked up every now again and flashed a dazzling smile at me. I kindly returned his smile. He then said something that caught my attention and I responded by reflex, I put my hand over my mouth and felt like dying in a hole.
"What was that Miss Reselle? "
"Oh... uhm.. I was just saying that, perhaps Japan would be a good place to invest due to its ever growing economical status, rather than pulling out. " I mumbled the last part. Gosh I cannot believe I just did that.
"hmm" was all he said, and studied my face. I looked down to my lap, feeling self conscious all of a sudden.

"Keep it" he said I heard gasps and "why's" and he said, "it's been brought to my attention that Japan has an "ever growing economical status", so keep it" he said firmly, he looked up at me and winked and smirked at me. I felt rather smug with myself.
Just watching him handle all of that made me long for him..