Draco Malfoy

Angst warning lol

this origianally wasnt gonna be angst but i just finished flowers from 1970 and im crying so enjoy ur content mwah

  I'd known Draco my whole life, both of us being in the sacred 28, we were put in an arranged marriage when we were about five years old. We started out as just really close friends, it wouldn't have mattered if we only liked each other platonically, because we had no say in our future. I started catching feelings around the beginning of second year. He asked me to be his girlfriend in third. We're currently in our sixth year, I have no say in what goes on behind closed doors of the Malfoy Manor, but I don't approve of what He Who Must Not Be Named is doing, I never have, and I no longer feel comfortable at the Malfoy Manor. That's currently where I'm headed though, on the Hogwarts Express with Draco on our way to spend Christmas break together. His parents are hosting a ball to look good in the public eye, Draco says some very important people are showing up and that a dress and robe fitter is coming to make sure our attire is perfect enough for The Daily Profit.

"Are you excited about the Malfoy's Ball?" Pansy started talking to me.

I was tired and rested my head on Draco's shoulder. "Mhm," I yawned and closed my eyes. I fell asleep shortly after.

~~~~~~

I woke up to Draco's soft voice, "Love, wake up. We're at the platform. Father's waiting for us." Draco took my hand and helped me up. He took our trunks, we walked down the corridor and stepped off the train. I saw Ms. Malfoy, she smiled at me, I returned it with a wave. We said goodbye to our friends and walked to Draco's family.

"(Y/N), you look as beautiful as ever," Ms. Malfoy smiled and hugged me, I hugged her back. We left for the manor, Draco and I conversing along the way.

When we get to the manor, I can hear conversations coming from the drawing-room. I look to Draco, he looks back at me and his eyes say it all. I do not want to go in there, but that's where we were lead. I hear her laughter, my heart drops, Draco grabs my hand and I shoot him a small, quick smile. We sit down in our seats,  I drone out the chatter of the Death Eaters around me. They discuss Draco's task that he has yet to complete and then about the Christmas Ball being hosted at Malfoy Manor. After an hour, we were permitted to leaving for our rooms, Draco and I wish everyone goodnight and head to his room. I do have my own room that I am to sleep in until we are married, but we just want to spend time with each other before bed.

"Love, what's on your mind?" Draco asks me with a sincere look in his eyes. He grabs my hand as we sit on his bed.

"I'm just worried about you darling, with everything that's going on. How can I know if you'll make it out of this alright?" I look down at our hands, biting back my tears.

"You can't, we just have to hope." He hugs me, I hug back trying not to cry.

We sit in silence as we each read our respective books, I try to hold back a yawn but Draco sees right through it. "Love, head to bed, you look as if you're about to pass out." Draco has such a look of love and concern in his eyes. I nod, kiss him goodnight, and head to my room. I walk in and nearly had a heart attack, she was sitting on my bed. Why is Bellatrix in my room, I haven't done anything to catch her attention.

"Are you excited for the ball dearly?" She looks like she just bit the head off a bat.

"Of course I'm excited, Draco's my date," I smile and start getting for bed.

"I'm sure you are. Now for why I'm here, remember your role in this family, if you mess this up for us or make the Malfoy name tarnished in any way. Well, let's just say you won't have much to do after." She smiles, and leaves while cackling to 'stay unsafe.' I absolutely hate that woman.

~~~~~

It's the day of the ball, I am nervous, to say the least, because of the amount of publicity that will be attending. Draco and I have been fitted for the proper attire. I am to wear a floor-length, deep green ball gown with puffed, victorian style sleeves. Draco will have a matching tie, as we will soon represent the Malfoy name. A lovely house elf by the nama Aether is helping me with getting my dress on nice and proper, while another by the name Zenovi puts my hair in a half-up half-down style. I feel like a princess about to meet my prince for the first time.

As the time for the ball draws near, the whole manor is making last minute adjustments to make sure everything is perfect. It needs to shed a positive light on the Malfoy name, to combat all the Death Eater rumors being spread even though they're not wrong. I feel a squeeze on my hand, I turn to see Draco and the whole room just gets brighter and more vibrant. I smile and he sees it reach my eyes.

"Don't be nervous, love. You will be the prettiest in the room, please never forget that." Draco sighs in admiration with a small smile. Merlin, I am in love with this man.

~~~~~

The night flashed by in a blur. Draco and I spent most of the night together on the dancefloor, and socializing when we weren't. Before I knew it, a toast was being called for celabration, and the night was coming to an end. All eyes were on us, cameras and notepads were at the ready to grasp on our every last word. 

Draco walks foward, "I'd like to make an anouncement. Everyone, as you should know, I am the heir to the Malfoy name. Many of you may not know who I want to share the Malfoy name with, but I do." Draco turns to me, he grabs my hand and pulls me next to him. "This is the future Ms. Malfoy. I love her with everything in me and I would like everyone to know that." 

A flash of a camera goes off, I'm smiling so much. Slowly, people start cleaning out. Draco walks me to my room and lightly kisses my hand as the night comes to an end. This truely is the happiest day of my life.

~~~~~

I thought we were to have a happy ending. But alas that can never happen when the love of your life works for the Dark Lord. Draco completed his task, Dumbledore is dead. Reality has set in for me. Neither Draco or I are meant to have a happy ending, but we have each other and that's all I ask for. Many Muggleborns went into hiding, I am to head back to Hogwarts. I truely don't feel safe. Whatever Harry Potter and his friends are doing to take down the Dark Lord, I hope they do it soon. I truely feel it will just get worse from here. 

~~~~~

Hogwarts is being attacked, I don't want to fight for the Dark Lord. They may not notice it, but I've been helping to protect Hogwarts. Well, I thought they wouldn't notice. I stand in front of the Dark Lord, his followers, and Draco. No longer will I see the light in Draco's eyes. He's sobbing, I can make out the broken words of 'I love you' as the world fades to black and ringing goes to scilence. To them, I was a traitor, I had to get punished for it. No longer will i be able to tell Draco how much I love him. But I know I will see him again later on, when he joins me in the afterlife and every lifetime after this. We are true love, we will find each other again my love, I promise. All I ask is that you do not join me anytime soon.