Ron Weasley

Requested by 

I made my way across the platform, mum in tow when I stopped in my tracks. "Mummy, that's quite a large family." I giggled and pointed at a large family of redheads.

"(Y/n)! Put your hand down! It isn't polite to point at people! You know this," She scolded me while I giggled some more, continuing to move to the right platform.

I ran with my trolly to platforms nine and ten, preparing myself to pass through. I knew I wouldn't hit the wall, but my owl didn't. "Smoky, don't be scared. See nothing to be shaken up over," I slipped my fingers through the wire of her cage to lightly stroke her feathers as she nuzzled into the touch. 

"Don't straggle too long, you might miss the train," My mum gently nudged my shoulder. I turned around to hug her, grinning wide. "You're coming home for break, just remember that if you get homesick."

I waved goodbye as I got on the train. Now time to make some friends! I can do that, but maybe I should find an empty compartment. I walked down the train corridor to find just about every one of them full, well almost all of them. I slid open the door and poked my head in. There were two boys looking up at me, "Um, excuse me, everywhere else is full. Do you mind if I sit with you two?" They both nodded and beckoned me in. "Hi, my name is (y/n), what's yours?" I asked, sitting down next to the brunette. 

"My name's Harry, pleasure to meet you," The boy next to me turned and shook my hand. He had glasses and what looked like a scar on his forehead.

"Wait, are you Harry Potter?" I asked mouth slightly agape while he nodded and let go of my hand.

"And I'm Ron Weasley!" Beamed the redheaded boy across from me. I recognized him from the platform.

"You have a big family, Ron," I giggled, "I saw them earlier on the platform." I reached out to shake his hand but he seemed a little hesitant. "I think it's really cool! My family is pretty small," I smiled at him, and he relaxed and shook my hand. 

~~~

After a while, we arrived at Hogwarts and got sorted. I became friends with a girl named Hermione and was sorted into Gryffindor with Ron, Hermione, and Harry. Our dorm's portrait is really pretty. Everyone calls her the Fat Lady, but I find that quite rude honestly. Hermione and I share a room, I hope we become best friends.

~~~

"Hermione don't listen to a thing that stupid idiot said, he's just mad a girl corrected his spellwork! Think about it, how would you feel if a muggleborn corrected you if you were a pureblood? He probably didn't mean it and was just trying to save face in front of his peers." I rub the sobbing girl's back while trying to soothe her. 

"I guess-" hick, sniff, "- you're right-" sniff, "- He is pretty dumb, isn't he?" Hermione snuffles and wipes the tears from her eyes. "Thank you, (Y/n). I really appreciate you being here," She pulls me into a hug smiling.

BANG CRASH GROANING TROLL NOISES

"What in Merlin's left toe was that, Hermione?" I whispered to Hermione, "Please tell me that was your stomach or something because we skipped dinner." I sucked a breath in through my teeth.

"No, it wasn't m-" Hermione started looking towards me.

BANG CRASH BOOM MORE TROLL NOISES

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL??!" I scream grabbing Hermione's robes and pulling her out of the way as a huge, ugly troll barges into the bathroom. Pulling her into a stall, "Is that a freaking troll? Tell me that's not a troll, Hermione." I whisper as we crouch down in the stall.

I shake my head as she answers, "I think it is," back to me. I stand and peek my head over the stall as Harry and Ron charge into the bathroom to 'save the day.' "Not gonna lie, Hermione, it kinda looks like Ron," I giggle out to her.