Chapter 10: That shut Jace Up

Summary:

Magnus bugs Rangor, the guys get a suspect to investigate, Jace's ego takes a few hits

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

What an amazing day!

Magnus was working an active police investigation. Not only that, he was working the case with Detective Lightwood!

He sighed a bit

Alexander really was something else. He'd meant every word he'd said to Jace; he truly was everything an officer of the law should be. Yes, he was brave, dedicated, intelligent, and absolutely tenacious; but more so, he, at heart, was one of the most accepting, compassionate, least judgmental people Magnus had ever met. He genuinely seemed to put who a person was above what they were; that was such a rare, amazing quality. One that Magnus was unbelievably grateful he possessed; if Alexander wasn't such a person, Magnus had no doubt that he wouldn't have been able to really work the case. For the most part, the SBPD was full of pretty good, upstanding, cops; but there where ignorant idiots everywhere. Had Magnus been assigned a case with someone else, a detective similar to Dax, for example, he knew that he'd of been pushed out of the case, completely ignored, and made to feel as if he was nothing more than a burden or an obstacle to the case, regardless of the chiefs decision.

Alexander had, at the start, been abrupt, but he had also been completely honest; he had laid out all of his concerns regarding Magnus being involved in the case. The criticism was rather harsh, but not one part of it had to do with how he looked or trivial things such as that, rather his trepidation was about why Magnus wanted to work the case, as well as his thinking Magnus was lying about the whole psychic thing (which, yeah, had to kind of give him that point). Once Magnus had been honest with him, well, as honest as a fake psychic vaguely defrauding the SBPD could be, the man had completely changed. His assurance that he would take Magnus's information seriously, that he would take Magnus seriously? It still completely shocked and thrilled him. He was eternally grateful for the man, and determined to prove to him placing that amount of trust in Magnus would be worth it.

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts, trying to focus on driving.

After leaving the others Magnus had decided that he wasn't ready to go home yet; he felt too wired from the day. There was still the matter of his Psychic detective agency; he decided that he may as well work on it a bit more, maybe pick up a few more supplies. He had pretty much everything he could ever need from Clary's shop (okay, way more than he could ever need, crafty girl) but he was still missing a few things. He smiled. Rangor had just got back from a month in London; what better way to calm down after an exciting day than annoying his most boring, stuffy, serious friend? He laughed slightly as he parked he couldn't wait to tell him about the psychic thing!

Rangors' Book's (really, the creativity that went into the name was truly astounding) was a nice, somewhat inviting, cozy place to pass the time. It had shelves upon shelves of books covering seemingly every topic known to man. It had a few tables and couches situated around for customers to relax and visit, quietly. It was a bit out of the way but got a decent amount of business. Rangor was always here, literally, he actually lived in an apartment located directly above the shop. He usually had soft, soothing music playing from the in-house speakers behind the counter. Much like Clary's shop, everything about the place was so like Rangor; everything was ordered, meticulous, bordering on stuffy, and calm.