Chapter Six

My alarm went off at seven in the morning. I got up and went into the bathroom to put my clothes on. I was so not ready for this meeting.

I put a little make-up on, but not too much, and I decided to wear a short skirt and a tank top. I went downstairs and found that my aunt had already left. She left me a note on the counter that said she hoped the meeting goes well. She’s not the only one. I went out the door and walked to my car. I got in, started it up, and backed out of the driveway.

I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car. I walked up to the building; let’s just get this over with.

I went inside the building and walked up to the front desk.

“I’m here to see Dr. Jones,” I said to the woman behind the desk. She looks at me and smiles.

“You must be Kate. Dr. Jones is expecting you. Let me tell her that you’re here.”

“Okay” I replied.

She comes back and said, “You can go on back. Dr. Jones will be waiting for you at the end of the hallway.”

“Okay, thanks.”

I walked back and started down the hallway. As I get closer, I see a woman at the end waiting. That must be her. She looks at me and smiles.

“You must be Kate. It’s so nice to meet you,” said Dr. Jones.

“You, too” I replied.

“Let’s go into my office. Our other guest is already

“What other guest? I thought it was just going to be me and you talking?” I questioned her. 

She looked at me and said, “I thought you knew someone else was going to be with us.”

“No.”

“Let’s just go in and let you see for yourself” she told me.

How bad could this be? I just hope it wasn’t who I thought.

We went in and I could see that someone was sitting in the chair. I got this feeling in my stomach that this was going to be bad. Dr. Jones walked to her desk and motioned for me to sit down.

“Come and sit, please, Kate.”

As I got closer, I decided not to look to see who it was. But, of course, as I sat down I turned and looked. I froze in place. Dr. Jones introduced me to him and he just smiled at me.

I can’t believe its Elijah! I’m so angry right now!

Dr. Jones looked at me and said, “Have you two met before, Kate?”

I looked at her and replied with, “Yes, we have. I can’t believe this.”

“Well, that’s good.”

I looked at her, stood up, and shouted, “No, it’s not good!”

Elijah gets up and said, “Kate, please don’t get mad. I wanted to come because I want to know how you feel about all this.”

I ran out the door.

***

“Kate, please come back here!” yelled Elijah.

“Elijah, please tell me what I missed,” said Dr. Jones.

After he was finished telling her the story, Dr. Jones just looked at him.

“No wonder why she ran out. I don’t blame her, either. If I had found out you were my mate, I’d react the same way.”

“Let me go get her and talk to her,” said Dr. Jones.