Uniting the 3 flames

I was sitting in the bare bathroom marking out what tiles were going where when I heard a sharp knock to the door. I looked at my watch and sat back onto my legs. Sighing I looked to the heavens said a silent prayer and shouted "Coming!". Standing up I dusted off my pants and made my way to the front door. Another sharp knock came and I opened the door just in time to save Ashlynn another knock.

"Ashlynn! Come in" I said in an over exaggerated tone.

"Libby, good to see you again!" She handed me the cheap brand Sienna wine and walked straight in. I went to shut the door when a foot stopped it's closing.

"You do need food" Braiden said holding up the grocery bag.

"What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"What? No niceness? We'll I wouldn't expect that from someone who just up and left!" He said bitterly walking past me into my kitchen.

For the second time I shut the door and and looked down at the floor for a brief moment with a tiny and extremely pint sized second of remorse then quickly shook it off.

"Braiden you can't say that.. This is her house!" Ashlynn replied sending a whack to Braidens shoulders.

"No it's all good" I replied taking out a few plates and cutlery. "It's not like it's the first time.. I mean I get it all the time." I finished and grabbed out the cups.

"Oh.. So we have Chinese" Ashlynn mumbled elbowing Braiden in the ribs. He took the containers out and placed them in the middle of the table.

"Look I really don't mean to be rude but why are you here? Bringing me dinner and talking to me?" I asked with skepticism laced throughout my voice. Who would want to talk to the person that just up and left them a few years back without a call, letter, email, Facebook or text? I certainly wouldn't, yet alone bring them dinner and start acting like buddies again.

"Why wouldn't we? We are the 3 flames. Besides it's not fair for you to be sitting in this place by yourself." Ashlynn replied "not to mention we have so much to catch up on!" Sighing I motioned for them to take a seat at the table. I sat down with them.

We started eating in silence..not a relaxing silence you get when you catch up with people from your old life. You know who you get that? We'll tonight it was down right awkward and socially embarrassing to be sitting with these two here. I mean that last foot I left on was a note to Braiden and hug to Ashlynn... And Ashlynns hug was from the day before at school.. She had no idea what was to follow the next morning. Yep this is not how I wanted to spend my nights in this town.

"So do tell us Liberty, what have you been doing these last 8 years?" Braiden asked with a mouth full of sweet and sour pork. I did not miss the full name usage and the sourness in his voice.

Swallowing my food I replied "Studying dance and doing my major in performing arts."

"Really? Oh that is so good that you continued with dance. Where do you live now? Back here or what?" Ashlynn asked, looking interested. Only I could see through it... She wasn't interested for her, oh yeah she was interested but only for her gossip that she does.

"Down south" I shortly replied stuffing my mouth with the last of the noodles. "I'm only staying here till the house has been sold"

I looked up and saw a disapproving look from Ashlynn and a mixed between hurt and anger look from Braiden.

"Your selling your parents house?" Ashlynn asked in shock.

"Yeah well I'm going back home to continue my life" I simply said shrugging my shoulders.