Chapter Two

Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous Ladybug, but I do own the plot and my characters.

Camille

I'm going to be late! I'm going to be late! Camille thought as she sprinted to her first classroom of the day. Just her luck, it was the first day of school and there just had to be an excessive amount of traffic on the roads. Camille had just heard the bell ring when she got out of the car, but she was still determined to make it to class as quickly as possible, no matter how late she was going to be. Anyway, she didn't want to spoil the teacher's view of her already, so she should at least make an effort.

Camille ran up the stairs and burst through the doors of the classroom, just in time to hear her name being called for attendance "Here!" she called out. About twenty faces were staring at her, and Camille's cheeks started to turn red in embarrassment.

A woman with red hair and green eyes, Mrs. Bustier, Camille presumed, only raised her eyebrow at Camille's entrance. "Oh, hello Camille. I'm glad you could make it to class." A girl with blonde hair snickered from the front of the classroom before Mrs. Bustier continued, "You can have the seat behind Mrs. Dupain-Cheng." The teacher pointed at a pretty girl with black hair tied off in pigtails and continued with her list.

Camille made her way to the seat, clutching her books to her chest. The nervous flutters came back to her in a tidal wave of emotion, and Camille wasn't so sure she was as confident as she originally thought she was. At least there was no one in the seat next to her, or they would have had front row view of the panic she was in. Sliding into the chair, she took a deep breath and looked back up at the teacher, who had just finished attendance and was starting the lecture.

After a few minutes, Camille could feel the burning gaze of someone staring at the back of her head. She ignored it at first, but it soon became too bothersome and she couldn't stand it anymore. Camille whipped her head around, searching those seated for the offender. Her eyes locked onto the most beautiful green eyes that she had ever seen. A boy seated only a few rows back with midnight black hair and forest green eyes was the sight that greeted her.

She had to blink a few times because she couldn't believe her eyes. He was really, really hot. Up to the point that he was handsome, even, which was something for Camille since she never noticed someone's looks before their personality. She always believed it was wrong to judge a book by its cover. And Camille hated attention, but never had any problems with looking foolish around guys, she was always composed of them, no matter how much she was crushing.

Camille turned back towards the board, partially ignoring the stare of the boy. Soon, she was enveloped into listening to the teacher talk, and she forgot all about the boy, despite his attractiveness.

The next half of class went by quickly, and the bell rung, signaling the start of lunch. Camille swept up her books and followed the majority of the class to what she hoped was the cafeteria. Sure enough, she was right to follow the students. Eying the lunch tables, Camille tried to decide where she wanted to sit.

This was one of the worst parts of starting at a new school; deciding where you will seat for the rest of the school year. One wrong move can have you spending the year with the wrong crowd and the wrong people. Plus, you never know how nice people are. Some could be rude and deny the seat to you or ignore you since you are not part of their friend group.

Camille turned around when she felt a hand tap her shoulder. A good-looking boy with honey blonde hair and vibrant green eyes stood in front of her with a wide smile. An actual genuine smile, which she found comforting.

"Hey," he said and held his hand out for her to shake, which she did, "you're Camille, right? The new girl?"

"Yeah," she nodded, though she internally cringed at the term new girl.

"I'm Adrien" he introduced. "I noticed that you didn't know where to sit, so I was wondering if you wanted to sit with me and my friend, Nino." Adrien hooked his thumb and pointed it to a door that led outside.

Camille was surprised. They let students go outside? Her old school never allowed this, so she was happy for the freedom. She was also surprised at how nice Adrien was acting, but again, she was grateful for the effort. "Sure."

The boy grinned and grabbed her arm before pulling her outside, where another boy with brown hair and caramel colored skin sat on a bench, eating a sandwich. Adrien continued to drag her towards the boy, who she guessed was his friend Nino. As soon as they were right in front of the bench, Adrien grinned at his friend and proceeded to introduce them to each other.

"Nino, Camille. Camille, Nino," he said and gestured to the respected person when announcing their name.

Camille tried her best to be as nice as possible. After all, meeting new people was a great way to make friends. "Hi, Nino," she said, giving a small smile in the process. "Adrien said I could sit with you guys. I'm kind of new here so I'm really thankful."

Nino gave a lazy grin at her and beckoned for her to sit down on the bench next to him, which she did, with Adrien sitting on Nino's other side. "No, problem. It's great to have another face to talk to since it's usually just me and this guy." Nino elbowed his friend in the shoulder playfully.

Camille stifled a laugh and bent over to get her lunch from her bag. While she was searching, Nino leaned over and whispered into Adrien's ear. "She's so cute. Where did you find her?"

At his question, Adrien nearly jumped off the bench in surprise. His cheeks turned a very deep pink as he responded, the embarrassment clearly evident on his face. "N-no. I mean yes. I mean she is cute. Err... I mean, I don't find her cute. But, I mean, she is. And I didn't really... um... find her." Adrien broke off when Nino started to burst out laughing and scowled at him in return. "Wait a minute, Nino, don't you already have a girlfriend?"

Nino barked out another laugh, wiping his eyes to catch the tears gathering up in the corners. "That doesn't mean I can't look at other girls and think that they are pretty, or hot. It just means that I can't do it in front of Alya or she would kill me."

Camille had finished searching for her lunch minutes ago, but, seeing as she heard every word that the two boys were saying, decided to pretend she hadn't found it yet. This topic had been too embarrassing for her to barge in on before since they were talking about her, but now it was more appropriate, and Camille returned to her upward sitting position. "Who is Alya?" she asked the two boys, who both turned a bright shade of red, remembering that only a few moments ago, they were talking about how 'hot' she was.

Adrien hoped Camille hadn't heard what he said and responded to her question. "You see that girl over there?" he said and pointed to a girl who also has caramel skin, brown hair that was half dipped in red dye, and big, square framed glasses. She was sitting on a bench that faced the opposite direction with the girl that Camille sat behind in class, something Dupain-Cheng. Both were bent over, looking at some kind of book."That's Alya, Nino's girlfriend. We can call them over if you want."

"Hey, Alya! Marinette! Come sit with us!" Nino called out over to them.

***

I just realized it, but it seems that every time I post a chapter a duplicate of that chapter is posted! It's so weird and I have no idea how to fix it... but if you do could anyone give me a hand and help me with this? I'm sure at least SOMEONE has had this problem before and can help. In the meantime, just ignore and scroll past the duplicate chapters. VOTE, COMMENT, and SHARE!

Word Count: 1370